Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lets talk about boots

Guest GalaxyToad

...I may be a lot stronger and in superior condition compared to the average banker. Crazy.gif

Is that really a testament to physical prowess. Tongue.gif

Sorry Hank. ROFL.gif

I don't get the one foot in / one foot out thing either. One of my ski partners does it but I don't get it. But then, I don't like RTP's either so....moot point. Biggrin.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunriseH2OSkier

• NorCaliBu

• skisix@38

• HRemington

OTH, if you're someone who gets up one foot, wants to go to double boots but can't get up two feet in, I might be persuaded to share my patented, fool-proof method for the right price. . .

Vin,

Please share away. I am planning to devote my next season to perfecting the double boot start, but as of now, have never done it. Hearing the how-to now will prepare me for those early season chilly starts when I may not want to be screwing around IN the water rather than on top of it.

You learn backwards. :) Get up using the one foot method, put rear foot in RTP, get stable. Driver should now gradually back off throttle until you start to sink a bit, then ease back into it. Keep your knees bent. Driver again backs off, this time sinking you more, then brings you back up. Keep your knees more bent. Repeat process until you are about stalled in the hole, hopefully you can hold your balance long enough to have the driver bring you back up. Keep the tip up, try to keep your weight back and low. Keep your knees REALLY bent. The trick here is to balance and resist the boat relative to the pull. You are now a double-booted starter.

A good/experienced/smooth/intuitive driver helps.

Get up using the one foot method, put rear foot in RTP, get stable. Driver should now gradually back off throttle until you start to sink a bit, then ease back into it. Keep your knees bent. Driver again backs off, this time sinking you more, then brings you back up. Keep your knees more bent. Repeat process until you are about stalled in the hole, hopefully you can hold your balance long enough to have the driver bring you back up. Keep the tip up, try to keep your weight back and low. Keep your knees REALLY bent. The trick here is to balance and resist the boat relative to the pull. You are now a double-booted starter.

Whhaaat??????????

:unsure:Crazy.gifShocking.gif;)Blowup.gif

humor him, Hoover, he's trying to contribute. The above method works best while wearing either a skibelt or orange PFD, but I would suggest a lake devoid of other boats or spectators.Biggrin.gif

humor him, Hoover, he's trying to contribute.  The above method works best while wearing either a skibelt or orange PFD, but I would suggest a lake devoid of other boats or spectators.Biggrin.gif

Don't forget the two handled rope...

I just came to the realization Jack is reminiscing about how he made Jack Jr.

Ok, you guys yuk it up. And I do have a two handled rope in the garage. Has a nifty coupling so you can get up using two handles, then attach them and ski with one!!!

Hey, you guys can give me all the crap you want. Bottom line is, any single-foot starter who has ever wanted to learn to come up double and skied behind my boat, learned to come up double. YMMV

Ya, but it keeps getting snagged on the little outriggers that he uses to keep his balance. Crazy.gif Kinda like waterski training wheels. Crazy.gif

HEY! I was going to keep that ace in the hole, so to speak.

So much for holiday spirit in THIS pub. Merry Christmas to all, and to all you can :biteme:

Christmas.gif

I've used a RTP since the get go, not changing any time soon. I blew out my left ankle 12 yrs ago and it just doesn't bend enough for skiing in a rear boot. I have to use the RTP with my heel lifted slightly on the start. I don't feel the RTP is what's holding me back but rather my lack of time in the course...

• 4 weeks later...

Michael,

I had pre Superfeet animals on my Burner and bought some Approach boots at the boat show Thursday. I rode them on my old stick this morning and LOVE THEM!!!! I then put them on my new Triumph slalom and feel like a whole new slalom skier. I almost pony'd up for the System 8, but lets face it. I'm not THAT good at all.

Bryan

Can someone compare Approach Boots to Animals? I have "pre"-Superfeet animals and I am looking to get new bindings and I can't decide between the two.
..bought some Approach boots at the boat show Thursday...LOVE THEM!!!!

That's what I was afraid of... :lol:

I found some Animal SF's at a price I couldn't refuse ($150/pr) so I picked them up. I'm keeping my eyes open for an Approach boot deal that I can't say "No" to. Biggrin.gif

..bought some Approach boots at the boat show Thursday...LOVE THEM!!!!

That's what I was afraid of... :lol:

I found some Animal SF's at a price I couldn't refuse ($150/pr) so I picked them up. I'm keeping my eyes open for an Approach boot deal that I can't say "No" to. Biggrin.gif

I paid $250 at the boat show and another $200 for the Triumph. Both '06. If that's not a good deal, then please don't enlighten me! I mean it. ROFL.gif

I paid $250 at the boat show and another $200 for the Triumph. Both '06. If that's not a good deal, then please don't enlighten me! I mean it. ROFL.gif

That's a really good deal. The best I've found has been $360. If I found them for $250 I'd buy'em too. :)