Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar 5.7 hesiting at high RPM's above 4,300

TC_DiscoBay

Hi,

I am looking for some adivice. The boat seems to run fine at idle. I can run it at 2500 rpms with no problems, but if I push the throttle up to 4,500 rpms it seems to hestitate a bit then run.

I have checked the fuel filter, fuel pump, gas is good, I am wondering if the coil could be going bad? Any ideas?

Also how do you go about testing a coil that could be going bad?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. The boat would run fine up to about 300rpms then would sputter and go now higher. This happened during a 3 day camping trip so it was very frustrating. For over a day and a half I checked everything. After checking everything I could think of I discovered the 12VDC wire to the coil not completely plugged in. After I plugged it back in and locked in on all was well.

Lesson learned check everything physically, not visually. I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation had I physically checked the coil wires instead of just looking at them.

Not sure this is answer to your problem but worth a check.

I replaced cap/rotor, spark plugs, online fuel filter.

The only things left is the coil and the distributor.

An 01 Monsoon will most likely have two fuel filters, did you get both the low pressure and high pressure filters changed?