Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bridge City Watersports,.... Gunter Otto Toma

williamoke

My name is Gregg Richards. i worked for Gunter at Bridge City Watersports for 5 years. Bad years I might add. In thanks for my service Gunter Toma stole two boats from me. Now the bank wants me to pay up 119,000$ I dont have. Is there anyone out there who is suing Gunter? Lawsuit? I would love to know,.... 503 709 9035.

My name is Gregg Richards. i worked for Gunter at Bridge City Watersports for 5 years. Bad years I might add. In thanks for my service Gunter Toma stole two boats from me. Now the bank wants me to pay up 119,000$ I dont have. Is there anyone out there who is suing Gunter? Lawsuit? I would love to know,.... 503 709 9035.

popcorn.gif

This doesn't sound right to me, how did the owner of BCW steal boats from you when you worked for him? He's the one that had to sign for them and pay flooring (or not pay in this case)? Please explain further, this sounds weird.

Edited by 06vlx

Ouch. What are the details?

Surprised you are coming to Gunter's defense?

'I'm not quite sure how this thread went from a reporting of a stolen Wakesetter to a bashing of Gunther and Bridge City. Let it go and move on with your life.

I hope the person who had their boat stolen gets it back and the thieves get what they deserve.'

Let's see, should he let it go and move on with his life or should the thief get what he deserves?

Edited by skurfer

I have to imagine that by "stealing" the boats, the OP is referring to Gunther's not transferring loan & title paperwork correctly and screwing his customers. And while working for Gunther, he was also a customer with more than one boat purchased while he was there (or before or after his tenure at BCW). There are a number of stories I've read about where guys are being stuck with multiple boat loans or finding out that they don't own a boat that they have been making payments on for months. :crazy:

Wish I could refer you to someone who could give you more details. Sucks that this is still going on. Good luck screwing him back.

I am a bit surprised we have not read of someone taking their pound of flesh from Gunter. I would be scared, very scared if I were him.

Edited by MalibuTime

Why? I was hoping someone would have some information to help the guy out. He's a victim after all.

:plus1: :plus1: :plus1:

I hope you find someone to help your cause. I'm not suing, but I do have my own personal BCWS horror stories (complete with documentation) I'd be happy to share if needed. I'd love for you to post your details on here. There are certain people that need to keep hearing these stories. Some actually think BCWS and Gunther were just victims of a bad economy. :crazy:

PS: Gregg from the Service Department?

• 10 months later...

The story continues as does the nightmare,....... Two years from the closing of Bridge City Watersports and no resolution from the justice department,... the bank or Gunter. I apologize for not continuing this thread in 2010. It has been a painful and busy year for me.

In response to questions of why and how I guess it is time for more of the story to be laid out there,..... Begin from the beginning I suppose,....

In brief,... here goes,.....

I bought a brand new silver edition 21.5 VLX from Gunter in 08. I put perhaps 20 hours on the meter before an interested party made me an offer on the boat I couldn't refuse. I accepted and requested that Key Bank have the title on hand pending sale,...... I was informed by Key Bank that they did not have the title,..... ( frustrated now ) I demanded that Gunter Toma deal with the situation. He offered to take my boat inn on trade and give me an 09 VLX at dealer cost,............. I traded the Silver edition back to Bridge City Watersports and ordered a new 2009 VLX online,....

Whew! ,..... Months go by,...... summer of 2009 begins,..... I use my VLX as if it is mine like any other boat owner would. An interested party again makes me an offer on my boat and I accept.. Once again I go to Key Bank and make a request that the title be on hand pending sale,.... Once again Key Bank has no title for my boat,..... ( In the meantime Gunter sells my 2008 VLX and does not pay off my loan),...

I find out that I did not in fact finance the boat that I took delivery of ,........ Gunter financed me on a lot boat and sold that one to one of his customers,........ Leaving me with two loans,..... and no boats to my name,...

Credit destroyed,..... No help available,......... I have lost my apartment,...... my wife,..... my credit,...... and all kinds of other fun and exciting things. Key Bank is accepting no responsibility for authorizing Gunter as an outside lender,...... It is my understanding that Gunter is sitting on over a million dollars in stolen money that he is hiding from the feds,......

Myself and the thirty or so others that he has robbed blind and seemingly gotten away with it,....... Deal with the loss and try to move on. G.W. Richards,........Cell #..503 709 9035.. Monday August 1st 2011

Wow I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope better days are ahead of you. He did a number on some people and I feel blessed that I wasn't part of that situation. I bought a boat from him in 06' and they were trying to get me to buy another in 09'. It felt to good to be true and you know what they say about that. Most people probably would have called it to good to pass up, I walked, one of the best decisions I ever made.

Edited by 06vlx

Wow, sorry to hear this situation is still dragging on.

I almost posted in another thread about our own situation. Yours makes me feel pretty fortunate. I actually got out of it without any problems (I think..... maybe I need to make sure the C.U. has a title).

But I'm wondering..... did you have any loan paperwork from Key Bank? On either boat? If there was loans done by the bank, why wouldn't they have boat paperwork? What about registrations?

What happened to the 2nd boat? I think I would have kept that one at all costs.

What a mess. Hope your able to salvage something out of it.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

My heart breaks for you man. I hope Karma serves ol' Gunther what he deserves some day. I had a similar (but not even close to this bad) situation with BCWS. They didn't pay off my trade in until months and months after they "bought" it from me. They made payments (late half the time) behind my back on the MY existing loan on the boat. All the while making excuses about how it was a clerical error or some crap. I made many, many calls, sent tons of emails and visited their shop until they finally paid it off (probably because they finally sold the boat to someone else who never got the title). Looking back, I'm sure I was about 30 days away from being in the same situation you are. I think I just got lucky though. I doubt anything I said or did influenced those dirtbags to pay off their debt.

Am I crazy to think Malibu should step in and help out a little here? Seems like they have a little culpability being that they were authorizing the guy to sell their boats and they made money off of every boat they sold to Gunther......

Anyway, keep your head up and keep us posted!

My heart breaks for you man. I hope Karma serves ol' Gunther what he deserves some day. I had a similar (but not even close to this bad) situation with BCWS. They didn't pay off my trade in until months and months after they "bought" it from me. They made payments (late half the time) behind my back on the MY existing loan on the boat. All the while making excuses about how it was a clerical error or some crap. I made many, many calls, sent tons of emails and visited their shop until they finally paid it off (probably because they finally sold the boat to someone else who never got the title). Looking back, I'm sure I was about 30 days away from being in the same situation you are. I think I just got lucky though. I doubt anything I said or did influenced those dirtbags to pay off their debt.

Am I crazy to think Malibu should step in and help out a little here? Seems like they have a little culpability being that they were authorizing the guy to sell their boats and they made money off of every boat they sold to Gunther......Anyway, keep your head up and keep us posted!

I thought they didn't get paid by him either?

Wow. I"m guessing, the two folks that made you offers on your boat "that you couldn't refuse", were part of the scheme ?

If all is as stated, I'm guessing Mr. Gunter feels the need to look over his shoulder, and probably a little "jumpy".

Some people aren't as nice as you.

Steve B.

(If rumors are true,..... Gunter took the flooring company for roughly a million bucks,.... Key Bank lost a small bucket of money,..... The Oregon State Marine board was issued many a bad check from Gunter as well as most of us employees. He wrote me almost 5000$ in unsigned checks and offered apologies as collateral.. . . . . . . I would not place any blame on the Malibu Factory at all. The reps and other staff in Merced were working miracles on a daily basis to keep customers boats going and back out on the water,.... If anyone has a BCWS/Gunter story feel free to shoot it my way in an email to ([email protected]) I would appreciate all the ammo I can get against my former employer,....... G W R

If possible,......... I would like to get into contact with the ten or fifteen BCWS customers who are still trying to leave Gunter in their wake. A Marine board representative told me a few days ago that there are still quite a few legal nightmares still in the works concerning titles and lack of proper paperwork . . . . .