Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cottage Cheese coming from exhaust

I posted this on WW but calcium build up is all they came up with.

I have an 07 LSV with the 400 hp HH.

It had not been run since May, I keep it in the garage. I went to warm it up to make sure everything was OK with a fake a lake in the driveway and this white stuff kept coming out of the exhaust. Its soft like cottage cheese and when it dried it was like ash.

I only go to the same inland lake in So Calif so it has never been in salt or brackish water and have 310 hrs on the engine.

My first thought was the muffler but it sounded the same now I am worried its the alum risers. This is the longest period it has ever sat and it ran perfectly at the lake on Thursday.

Any Ideas?

Boat002Medium.jpg

Boat001Medium.jpg

Boat005Medium.jpg

Years ago I had a I/O that used to do that out of the lower unit. Looks like the aluminum is starting to break down a bit. look around the bolts where risers bolt to the steel see if there is any flaking there to. Looks like typical aluminum and steel corroding together. Don't think it will be any problem run it out it should clear.

Why so long to her her back in the water.

My daughter wedding. Of course she wanted a garden wedding and our backyard was the only spot she liked that was in the budget. So it was a scramble to get the concrete, patio, irrigation, sod and lights in. I know it was worth it because she loved the way it came out.

Of course she made everything else fade in comparison.

CIMG1781.jpg

Thanks guys, It was a very good day now I only have 3 more to go :yahoo:

So I looked at the bottom of the aluminum risers and I did not see anything the bolts look clean and the paint is still solid.