Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion XS Tower

WI Sunscaper

I have a 2008 Sunscape LSV with an Illusion XS Tower. the tower pin behind the drivers side keeps popping out and I have spent alot of time trying to get the key rign turned into the lock position. I now slap duct tape over the pin opening to keep the pin in, but it should not be that way. IT seems there are some set screws that you can turn from the base of the tower, but I cant get to them with the tower up, only down. Seems like an engineering flaw. Does anyone have any advise on how to get the pins to stay in?

I have a 2008 Sunscape LSV with an Illusion XS Tower. the tower pin behind the drivers side keeps popping out and I have spent alot of time trying to get the key rign turned into the lock position. I now slap duct tape over the pin opening to keep the pin in, but it should not be that way. IT seems there are some set screws that you can turn from the base of the tower, but I cant get to them with the tower up, only down. Seems like an engineering flaw. Does anyone have any advise on how to get the pins to stay in?

Yeah you can only turn the set screw with the tower down.

How do you get the tower pins to stay in? You adjust the set screw properly.

I am having the exact same problem on my 2005 Wakesetter Vlx. I have been leaving duck tape over them too. Bakers sells replacement pins online. Could it be that the pins are worn out and need replacement or just adjusting the set screw like the last poster suggested will do the trick. I guess I will try that first.

I am having the exact same problem on my 2005 Wakesetter Vlx. I have been leaving duck tape over them too. Bakers sells replacement pins online. Could it be that the pins are worn out and need replacement or just adjusting the set screw like the last poster suggested will do the trick. I guess I will try that first.

I am going to try the set screws again. the boat only has 80hrs so I cant see how the pins are worn. I ordered a new set of pins from Bakes a few weeks ago and of course they sent the wrong ones, the pins they sent were too long and a waste of my time and money with them.

I am going to try the set screws again. the boat only has 80hrs so I cant see how the pins are worn. I ordered a new set of pins from Bakes a few weeks ago and of course they sent the wrong ones, the pins they sent were too long and a waste of my time and money with them.

To bad there must have been a miscommunication on which tower you had on your boat, seems like they sent you the Illusion X tower pins and not the XS tower pins. Hopefully you gave them the chance to make it right before blasting them?

Edited by 06vlx