Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What can fit in my garage?

Nebster

Hey guys,

I'm looking at a new boat right now and i'm not sure whats going to fit in my garage. I want a dedicated wakeboard boat and i am looking malibu. I really want a 21 lsv with the illusion tower but i'm not sure if its gonna fit in my garage. I have a 7 foot door and the depth is 24 feet. Any experience.

I am relatively new to wakeboarding but i don't want to buy a boat i'm going to regret with one season which is why i'm staying away from moomba. So i'm looking at malibu's and mastercrafts. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys, hopefully i can get something for next year and get to know you all.

Oh... chicago, iL :)

Hey guys,

I'm looking at a new boat right now and i'm not sure whats going to fit in my garage. I want a dedicated wakeboard boat and i am looking malibu. I really want a 21 lsv with the illusion tower but i'm not sure if its gonna fit in my garage. I have a 7 foot door and the depth is 24 feet. Any experience.

I am relatively new to wakeboarding but i don't want to buy a boat i'm going to regret with one season which is why i'm staying away from moomba. So i'm looking at malibu's and mastercrafts. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys, hopefully i can get something for next year and get to know you all.

Oh... chicago, iL Smile.gif

My door hight keeps my Bu outside. Check the hight of the door. I Thought myine was 7' but didn't measure until I tried to put the baot in. it was only 6'8" The Bu windshield is 6"11" or so. That will be your biggest problem. the depth of 24' will cover a VLX with room to spare. there is also the option of lowering the trailer if you dont have to back up any hills or slopes. Measure at the dealers or the ones you are looking at.

REW

Nebster, I just went through the same thing - upgrading and being able to fit the boat in the garage - fold the tower and lower the trailer then measure - I was able to get my boat in with a good half inch to spare. I was also able to get my DD Moomba in as well without lowering the trailer. I upgraded to a V-drive after many problem free seasons with the Moomba.

My door hight keeps my Bu outside. Check the hight of the door. I Thought myine was 7' but didn't measure until I tried to put the baot in. it was only 6'8" The Bu windshield is 6"11" or so. That will be your biggest problem. the depth of 24' will cover a VLX with room to spare. there is also the option of lowering the trailer if you dont have to back up any hills or slopes. Measure at the dealers or the ones you are looking at.

REW

thanks. The nearest malibu dealer is ~2 hours away so i'd like to get as much information as possible before going up. VLX is high on my list.

do a search on the forums - I know that this gets discussed periodically - tower height threads and you should find all you need and then some. for us we ended up going with an 08 model over the 09 due to a change in dash configuration which wouldn't let the tower go low enough.

I went through this same problem a few years ago when I bought my 01. both lenght and height were very close, but I didn't think about height at the time. I just assumed the engineers took into account 90% of garage doors are 7 feet. Fortunately for me my driveway has a dip right before the door. the angel that created let me get under the door with the tower folded. With the tower off it was not an issue for me (so maybe the malibu and trailer engineers did consider the door height). Anyway my point is if you can get a huge drop hitch just for the driveway that might get you a few inches. Good luck

Thanks guys for the great advice. I have a couple of things working for me, such as the driveway sloping up towards the garage which should give me a decent angle of approach.

I will search the forum though. height is a big concern of mine because not fitting it in the garage is a dealbreaker because i don't want to pay for a place to store it.

Thanks for all your help, i'll try to keep you guys updated

FYI if the door opening is tall enough, but the door itself while open is the problem, a "good" garage door guy may be able to help with a low clearance track system.

Titan I towers fold pretty flat...

P