Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why can't I Fish

Kellyb

I fish from my bu. However I also own a Ranger bass boat and it is much nicer to fish from. Speeds up to 70mph and dual livewells with fish graphs and electric motor for shoreline bass fishing.

I love to fish :rockon::rockon:

You have it all wrong stop FISHING from the boat and start CATCHING.

I caught a 7-9 lb large mouth on my collapsable pole one after noon with the Mrs. while standing on my swim deck.

I agree with the Dad...sorry. No fishing in my boat either. However if I had a child and he or she wanted to fish, I would find a way

to make it happen. In my family, boats (and fishing) have always been a way of life so we have other options available. There is a 18ft center console and a jon-boat available if needed. My parents also have a couple of nice ponds stocked with various fish. I would just try to find another way for you to be able to fish Nicholas. But there is no way any hooks, scales, bait, or fish guts will be making

there way onto my Malibu. I realize it is just a boat, but a Porsche Cayenne Turbo is just an SUV and if I had one of those, I probably

wouldn't be taking it mud-bogging!

But there is no way any hooks, scales, bait, or fish guts will be making

there way onto my Malibu.

The kids not talking about filleting the fish on the malibu, just catching it.

I'm not crazy about anyone fishing from my boat either. The mess would be nasty in one of these interiors. But it seems like a resourceful guy, maybe who is already restoring a Malibu, could easily create two interiors in it. Make the seats cushions in the bow & near the transom so you could remove them, and replace them with some sort of wood with non-skid on it. Make the floor so it has removable carpet. It would take you 10 minutes to convert the boat over from ski boat to fishing boat. Make it a real sport boat. :rockon:

Sorry Nicholas but I’m with your dad. That’s why I have a ski boat and a bass boat. It works like this:

Malibu: ski boat

Tracker: bass boat

Tahoe: fish and ski

But then there are people on this site who won’t allow Cheetoes in the boat but a fishing pole is OK.

I have fished off mine a few times but always paranoid about hook a 6/0 treble hook in my upholstery. I just take the Ranger easier and the Mrs dont scream about the smell. She also wont go in the Bass boat :biggrin:

What? Fish from the bu? Who does that? JK, haven't fished from the last two boats, but one of my oldest daughters favorite stories is about how she out-fished her dad. It was a few years ago; she still loves to talk about it :) .

Malibu makes a great fishing boat. I actually fished a bass tournament this summer in my RLXI. I take the rear bench out for my brother to fish the back and I take the front seats out. I built a platform out of 3/4" plywood and wrapped with moisture resistant carpet. Matched the color of the rest of the carpet in the boat. This way I don't have to worry about hooks. Cooler in back for livewell and use the ski locker for rod storage. Great time and we placed 3rd. You want to see a surprised look on a bunch of fisherman's faces. Pull into a tournament weigh in with a ski boat and place 3rd.

My boat looks immaculate and I don't allow live bait and those that fish out of it know the rules. I bought the boat for the family to use, not admire. Skis, Wakeboards and Booms have caused more damage to the boat then any fishing equipment.

AMEN BROTHER!!!! :rockon:

Malibu makes a great fishing boat. I actually fished a bass tournament this summer in my RLXI. I take the rear bench out for my brother to fish the back and I take the front seats out. I built a platform out of 3/4" plywood and wrapped with moisture resistant carpet. Matched the color of the rest of the carpet in the boat. This way I don't have to worry about hooks. Cooler in back for livewell and use the ski locker for rod storage. Great time and we placed 3rd. You want to see a surprised look on a bunch of fisherman's faces. Pull into a tournament weigh in with a ski boat and place 3rd.

My boat looks immaculate and I don't allow live bait and those that fish out of it know the rules. I bought the boat for the family to use, not admire. Skis, Wakeboards and Booms have caused more damage to the boat then any fishing equipment.

Plus1.gifPlus1.gifPlus1.gifPlus1.gif

Thats exactly what I'm talkin about! So how about some pics of your RLXI setup in "fishing mode"?? :rockon:

All ya need now is a high back seat setup in the bow & stern!

How to you attach a trolling motor? Swim platform? If your placing third in a tourny you have to have a trolling motor.

Hi my name is Nicholas. I am eight years old. My dad says we can't fish from our boat. He says skiboats are for skiing not fishing and that we don't own a tige. I like to ski, wakeboard and kneeboard but would like to fish. I also like to play soccer, baseball and basketball. I have two sisters and a brother that are all seven years old. He says if we want to fish he can drop us off at shore and will pick us up when we wave. Is it really bad luck to fish from a Malibu ski boat like my dad says? I put a picture of me wakeboarding. Thank you for your help.

Nicholas Black

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: "we don't own a Tige"........hilarious

Nicholas: I fish from mine all the time. Never ever had an issue. Kind of depends on what you're fishing for though. Bass, trout, and other small game fish are fine. What's the problem? Sturgeon or Salmon would be a totally different story. Those are a total mess!

Edited by bs001

No trolling motor. We were fishing Bull Shoals in July so we fished the bluff lines. Have to play the wind. We caught the most fish in a deep cove anchored. I am not saying a malibu is better equipped for all tourneys but it worked well for this one. I am heading out this weekend and the boat is already packed so I will get some pics of the fish setup as my daughter loves to fish upfront when we stop for lunch or swim.

I would love a separate fishing boat but don't have the space or the money right now so we make due. The two guys that have fished with me said they enjoy it more because you have to use your imagination to fish around a tower.

How to you attach a trolling motor? Swim platform? If your placing third in a tourny you have to have a trolling motor.