Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extreme Trailers

denjoe

I have a 8 month old trailer (just a baby) and the diamond plate is coming off and rust is coming out from underneath the diamond plate.

I contacted Extreme and they are sending up a technician to Nor-Cal to fix my trailer good as new. They said that it is covered under the warrenty. Their customer service is awesome. It is so refreshing to deal with companies that really treat the customer with respect

Thanks Extreme!

Rockon.gif

I have a 8 month old trailer (just a baby) and the diamond plate is coming off and rust is coming out from underneath the diamond plate.

I contacted Extreme and they are sending up a technician to Nor-Cal to fix my trailer good as new.  They said that it is covered under the warrenty.  Their customer service is awesome.  It is so refreshing to deal with companies that really treat the customer with respect

Thanks Extreme!

Rockon.gif

My trailer is doing the same thing.

Better call Extreme and he'll hit you at the same time :)

I had a wheel that was slooooowly leaking air. It didn't start until I'd owned the trailer for apx. 6 mos. Then it would go flat after about a week or so. When we put the wheel in water there was a pin size hole in a weld on the wheel.

Extreme sent me another within a week, no questions asked.

I contacted Extreme and they are sending up a technician to Nor-Cal to fix my trailer good as new.  They said that it is covered under the warrenty.  Their customer service is awesome.  It is so refreshing to deal with companies that really treat the customer with respect

Thanks Extreme!

Rockon.gif

My trailer is doing the same thing.

Mine too. It seems like a problem with most of them as far as I can tell. I like the diamond plate, but if this keeps up, maybe replace it with line-X or something similar, then put the plate down on that.

My diamond plate was already replaced on one side. It is a weak design. They glue em down, the paints rusts underneath, and the the paint release from the glue and you DP is gone.

I would rather see them paint the fender, and then pop rivit them on.

Personally, I wish I would have gotten the stainless fenders.

Try some clear silicone around the step plate. we have done that on a few SMP and BM Trailers here at the store. It will keep the moisture from getting in there in the first place. Just make sure it is clean and dry before you do.

stewart Posted Today, 08:22 AM

Personally, I wish I would have gotten the stainless fenders.

My trailer has ss fenders, but I still have significant rust coming from under the diamond plate on the steps at either side of the fenders.

Buzz Posted Today, 04:19 AM

Mine too. It seems like a problem with most of them as far as I can tell. I like the diamond plate, but if this keeps up, maybe replace it with line-X or something similar, then put the plate down on that.

This is on my list of winter projects as well. I just hope that the rust isn't so bad that I have to replace the steps. ( I don't think it is.)

Madmanacrossthewater Posted Today, 09:00 AM

Try some clear silicone around the step plate. we have done that on a few SMP and BM Trailers here at the store. It will keep the moisture from getting in there in the first place. Just make sure it is clean and dry before you do.

Tony, at Extreme, (great guy) mentioned this to me this past summer. But that only works if rust hasn't already formed under the diamond plate.

....But that only works if rust hasn't already formed under the diamond plate.

If you already have rust....get rid of the rust scale, wire brush the area, and then treat it with Ospho before painting. Ospho "kills" the rust and it won't come back.

Tony is doing the service at Copes or Ultimate in the bay area, so for any Cali guys that are having problems, you may want to give them a call.

Thanks Extreme!

Rockon.gif

My trailer is doing the same thing. I'm all over this one. Thanks for the feed back!

We get our trailers Galvanised before painting & the chequer plate (diamond) is pop riveted down, This is our second boat on the same style (easytow trailer) & no problems so far with both salt & fresh water use

mal100016sh.jpg]easytow

Edited by 05vride
We get our trailers Galvanised before painting & the chequer plate (diamond) is pop riveted down, This is our second boat on the same style (easytow trailer) & no problems so far with both salt & fresh water use

mal100016sh.jpg]easytow

Hmm..sounds and looks like another aussie in the house Biggrin.gif Welcome

Graham

05vride

LOL...yes it is...is that Bowen as in North Qld?

so, how do you like the boat..let us have a review

I liked the orange one C&P had at the worlds...looks like they should be a good boarding boat?

G

Not as in QLD town more as personalised rego (surname) in NSW, We enquired about the orange VRide at C&P but with the options we could have bought a VLX for the same$$$, GRE came through with an early production spot & six weeks later we had this one delivered,

So far it has exceeded our expectations from our old Camero Legend, just need to face up to the wake as it is a little scary after our old boat