Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FALL/WINTER DEPRESSION

FXIGUY

Do you other midwesterners sense a bit of depression as the days get shorter and colder? Ive been in a funk for about a week and I can't explain why. Talking about winterization and boat storage is really bumming me out....maybe because it's my first nearly completed season with the boat...but MAN IT SUCKS to even think about. I've got my quad to ride in the fall and winter and I do enjoy it, but my most frequent riding buddy moved down south (ironically because he hated winter) and now Ive got nobody to ride with . Its going to be a long 5 months or so!

Do you other midwesterners sense a bit of depression as the days get shorter and colder? Ive been in a funk for about a week and I can't explain why. Talking about winterization and boat storage is really bumming me out....maybe because it's my first nearly completed season with the boat...but MAN IT SUCKS to even think about. I've got my quad to ride in the fall and winter and I do enjoy it, but my most frequent riding buddy moved down south (ironically because he hated winter) and now Ive got nobody to ride with . Its going to be a long 5 months or so!

Snow boarding anyone? If you have not yet, know that it is the ultimate cure for winter water depression. There are days in Texas during the winter where we will ride and snow board in the same three day period. Some are sicker than others and Wheelhouse has the disease.

Fxiguy,

I feel for you colder weather folks for sure. I live in NC and am actually looking forward to the weather cooling a little

just because it will get most of the traffic off of the local lakes here. It's been tough finding good water this season. Luckily

we can usually ride well in to October and even early Novemeber before it get's too cold. And as hot as this summer has been and still is, I am hoping it takes the water a while to cool down. (too cold for you is probably a

much different number than the one for me :) ) Maybe you should think about following your buddy down south!

You're already talking about winterizing your boat?? I'm in Minnesota and ride until early November, that gives me about 3 weeks of down time between hydrofoiling and snowmobiling!! I think you need to find some winter sports!!

I actually look forward to the switch a little.... We ride so much you end up getting slightly burned out on it by the end of the season, but then you have something else to look forward to. It's like that in the spring too- we snowmobile so much, it starts to get a little old at the end of the season- but just a few weeks away is ice-out, and we're out there foiling the day the ice is off the lake (or at least mostly off the lake, as long as we can get the boat in at the launch).

Becaused of my situation, I was feeling this a few weeks ago.

I had dome some mechanical work on the Bu and finally got her running like a top! The next morning I realized my kids were starting to prep for school and the season was effectively over.

So today is the winterization day before I take her back up to Wisconsin and set her in the garage for the winter. I used to ride down here until late October/early November but have not since I lost my driver about 6 years ago.

BUT I got to ride for the 1st time in about 3 years, and that was good, now I've got the bug again!

Take up snow skiing or cross country skiing in the winter. And I bike until it's too cold to ride.

The winterization day I usually remember all the fun we had in the bu over the summer, and look forward to bringing her out again in the spring.

Yeah you just gotta embrace the all season sports snowmobiling was a good one and is always a great time! Plus it gives you variety :rockon:

Get into Snowmobiling. There's nothing like a vehicle that does 0-60 in 3 seconds. That will get you excited for winter.

Definitely!!!

FXIGUY- looks like you're near Milwaukee- That puts you about 300 miles from some awesome riding up in the U.P.

The spring/summer/fall rush:

overcabin.jpg

The winter rush:

CIMG0942.jpg

I never like to see my ski season end but as others have said early spring and late fall offer some of the best skiing.

I don't quit until Nov. This year I am excited for winter as I have a new Ski-Doo Renegade X coming so with good snow it should be a good winter.

I never like to see my ski season end but as others have said early spring and late fall offer some of the best skiing.

I don't quit until Nov. This year I am excited for winter as I have a new Ski-Doo Renegade X coming so with good snow it should be a good winter.

You're going to love that sled.... Which engine did you go with?

You're going to love that sled.... Which engine did you go with?

600 HO e-tec. I had a 700 MXZ and the 600 is faster so it will do me. I have not been this excited for winter in a long long time. I want to get an enclosed trailer now. The road salt is the worst thing for the sleds.

The way the weathers been the last couple years.... better thing to say is IF we have snow... :biggrin:

Well, Im not packing it in for the boating season just yet, but it has to be out of the slip by October 31st. I was just talking to my dealer about winterizing and their rates for storage as I haven't decided if keeping it in the garage is the best option yet..That was kind of a bummer call to have to make as it was a reminder that the season is closing up fairly quickly...I guess reality is setting in. As I said, I have my four wheeler(Can Am Renegade) to play in the snow with, just have to find some people to ride with now that the usual suspect sold his quad and moved.

I almost bought a sled last season but opted for the quad since our snow in southeastern WI is kind of hit or miss. Can get dumped on one day and it's all melted two days later....In the northern part of the state the snow is more consistent.

Definitely!!!

FXIGUY- looks like you're near Milwaukee- That puts you about 300 miles from some awesome riding up in the U.P.

The spring/summer/fall rush:

overcabin.jpg

The winter rush:

CIMG0942.jpg

That sled you have is crazy fast. I rode one last year and it scared the sh*t out of me! I'll probably be making some trips up to the U.P. this fall. One of my friends parents have about 40 acres in the Gladstone/Escanaba area to tear up on the quads.

I moved to MN my senior year of High School from Maryland and lived there for 20 years. I've been in Alabama, and now Georgia, for 5 years. I still get that "...time to pull out the dock over Labor Day Weekend..." feeling around this time. Then I remember I live across the street from GA's largest lake and that I still have all of Sept and Oct to go :clap:

I loved MN and did the ice-fishing, snow skiing, sledding and all, but there's no way I'm moving back, or anywhere up North.