Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Going to the Sweet Spot!!

KRMartin123

Honestly, NO. The boat stays comfy on the lift until it's time to winterize it. And than it moves a whole 500 ft to the garage where it will stay for the weekend.

I've wanted to move it around a bit, bring it to my buddies cottage, or if I went to east coast wow but it's hard to take a boat away from 30 potential cottage guests, especially when it isn't actually yours. Once fall comes ppl will still come to the cottage but be staying off the water and I may have more lee-way in moving the boat for weekends.

I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime, or Levi, I just need to make sure i have access to taking the boat for the weekend.

If your ever around Ottawa, feel free to let me knoe, I'm ALWAYS down for a pull. That goes for all the crew members. Thumbup.gif

We are in the same situation. Boat goes in the water at the start of the season and stays at the dock, then comes out at the end of the season. We would like to pull it out and do a day trip to Lake of Bays (we are on Pen Lake, a 10 minute drive) but because our summer is also the busiest in terms of work we couldn't swing it.

Thanks for the offer, same goes back to you. We just got the bu' dialed for surfing and have been having some serious fun with that.

Enjoy the rest of the season

Luke

Edited by skikid
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KRMartin123

• Sixball

• Michigan boarder

• sgt1970-442

Oh did we have the sweet spot last night. pulled out just as a rain stooped. Not even a duck ripple. Pure glass no other boats. World class water world class boat!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::biggrin:

got love flat water and not a boat in sight.......... :):woot::drool:

:( No Sweet Spot last two days. Very windy and temp fell off the table. 10:00am and were at a whopping 54deg, very windy.

Oh well things will change its Michigan. Weather can change in 10 minuets.

P.S. Happy birthday Brad.

Edited by Sixball

Man you guys are SOOOOO lucky to have those kind of spots there are not any spots like this in So Cal! I think there are some spots in Nor cal or maybe like 3 hours away but nothing like those pics I see with houses right on some narrow lake that are just total glass man I would die for a spot like that. Everywhere around here will be a zoo this weekend for sure. :(

hope you guys have a great time post some pics after you get back so I can be jealious!!

Oh did we have the sweet spot last night. pulled out just as a rain stooped. Not even a duck ripple. Pure glass no other boats. World class water world class boat!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::biggrin:

Damn! A duck ripple. :biggrin:

post-8477-128366067666_thumb.jpg

2 days (Fri and Sat) at the buddies house, dragged the bu down there. Freaking freezing and windy, whitecaps 50 yards from the edge of the lake. We donned the shorties, but after the first rotation of 7 of us the kids were all huddled up behind the windshield. One was actually under the bow cover. Me standing on the engine cover "I'm going again. It's Wakeboard Weekend. I'm gonna land that front roll, have the camera ready". Well, that was the last run for the day on Saturday...at noon. College football the rest of the day. Got back to our lake house Sunday, put the boat on the lift and headed to the neighbors. Serious party going on. Things got cloudy after several Margarita pictures. Then I got thrown a life vest, "You're up", only to look over and see the boom and shortline ready to go, pure glasssss. Had my best run of the year, and I can actually remember most of it. Drove North back to the house yesterday at 80+mph while a 20 mile parking lot line of cars was heading south on 31.

The good news...we left the boat in the water for 1 more week, so I get another last chance in a few days!