Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Going to the Sweet Spot!!

KRMartin123

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KRMartin123

• Sixball

• Michigan boarder

• sgt1970-442

I'll be staying home on good 'ole Ford Lake. We used to drive up North to Crooked Lake and Walloon Lake (Petosky) but decided to stay home for labor day a few years back. It was then we realized that all the idiots are chasing the cold weather up north and our lake is a ghost town. Since then we have stayed home for every Labor Day, and we always have the lake to our selves. To give you an idea this is what our lake looks like right now, no boats and no wind. I just stepped outside and took these pictures.

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

we'll be on belleville lake. wife says we need to go to wamplers in the irish hills but its my birthday on saturday and i get to pick where we go, right after i ask her if its ok........ :lol:

Dammer,!!!!!! msuwaterski Don't forget anything at the house. :Tease3::oops:

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't realize there was that much elevation there. But at least no need for any separate quad or calf exercises.

We're sticking around the house trying to finish up all the summer projects. The wife may try to wakeboard for the first time.

Lake Billy Chinook tomorrow by 2 pm.

Just got the call from my 2 best crew buddies.

Gonna be 85 to 90 degrees tomorrow and 65 degrees high by Monday.

Back to the lake house at Smith Mountain Lake--may try to break last year's record. Got 14 up, one fell...

That's great. It's hard to get anymore than 5 up on wakeboards. I need to have more people with experience to try and get to that kind of number. Must be a rope night mare!

forecast looks poor over the weekend here in the western washington - tomorrow looks around 80 or thereabouts - staying local and tomorrow the weekend starts around 11:00 - a few sets - we'll go out with the wetsuits and some sweatshirts the rest of the weekend - glad to see the gas prices falling - we'll get in some skating, surfing & boarding - should be a great time

Heading down to Grants Pass for wedding #2 of the summer. My daughter got married in July and now my younger son on Saturday.

We got in some good wakeboarding yesterday. We went in the afternoon after it cleared up. We were alone on the river and had sun and not a ripple on the water. We are supposed to head up to Koppert for Labor Day, so hopefully it won't be raining.

Back to the lake house at Smith Mountain Lake--may try to break last year's record. Got 14 up, one fell...

Please tell me the jet ski is part of your crew and not a moron coming up behind that many skiers?

This Labor day going up to Secord Lake which is a great wakeboard lake it's 14 miles long and River Style Rockon.gif

Should be an awesome time!

What is everyone else doing this Labor Day? Thumbup.gif

Headed down to cottage grove Lake With the New BU.....We have three lake side camp sites looking forward to playing with all the gadgets.....Yahoo.gif

Please tell me the jet ski is part of your crew and not a moron coming up behind that many skiers?

It is a rope nightmare! It took a lot longer in the set up (couple of hours) to get everybody set, arranged, and ropes tied off in bundles than to pull them up and around the cove.

The jet skier IS one of our crew. We had a couple of trailers to pick up downed skiers if they fell. Didn't want to leave a young kid out in the middle of the lake if they fell.

Whew. I am tired just thinking about all the work it took to pull it off. May just have a beer this year and talk about it rather than try it again...

Dammer,!!!!!! msuwaterski Don't forget anything at the house. Tease2.gifOops.gif

Yeah, the wife and I usually do rock/paper/scissors to determine who goes back up when the keys are left in the house.

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't realize there was that much elevation there. But at least no need for any separate quad or calf exercises.

It's a good workout just getting to the top. 101 steps top to bottom. Running the stairs in the winter is how I train to go out West skiing.

Edited by msuwaterski

Do you ever venture towards the kawartha's or muskoka?

Honestly, NO. The boat stays comfy on the lift until it's time to winterize it. And than it moves a whole 500 ft to the garage where it will stay for the weekend.

I've wanted to move it around a bit, bring it to my buddies cottage, or if I went to east coast wow but it's hard to take a boat away from 30 potential cottage guests, especially when it isn't actually yours. Once fall comes ppl will still come to the cottage but be staying off the water and I may have more lee-way in moving the boat for weekends.

I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime, or Levi, I just need to make sure i have access to taking the boat for the weekend.

If your ever around Ottawa, feel free to let me knoe, I'm ALWAYS down for a pull. That goes for all the crew members. Thumbup.gif

Honestly, NO. The boat stays comfy on the lift until it's time to winterize it. And than it moves a whole 500 ft to the garage where it will stay for the weekend.

I've wanted to move it around a bit, bring it to my buddies cottage, or if I went to east coast wow but it's hard to take a boat away from 30 potential cottage guests, especially when it isn't actually yours. Once fall comes ppl will still come to the cottage but be staying off the water and I may have more lee-way in moving the boat for weekends.

I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime, or Levi, I just need to make sure i have access to taking the boat for the weekend.

If your ever around Ottawa, feel free to let me knoe, I'm ALWAYS down for a pull. That goes for all the crew members. Thumbup.gif

Might have to take ya up on that offer never wakeboarded in another country :rockon:

Might have to take ya up on that offer never wakeboarded in another country Rockon.gif

No problems on my end. Just a heads up, Boat season never ends for ME but the weather usually makes it end for the boat. I've skied Novemeber 18th before but we had to de-winterize and winterize the boat just for that day. The day weather stays alrigth here but the night time temp doesn't take long to drop below 0. (or freezing temp to us).

Oh did we have the sweet spot last night. pulled out just as a rain stooped. Not even a duck ripple. Pure glass no other boats. World class water world class boat!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::biggrin:

Now you are talking about pulling out of the sweet spot. Are you trying to get this thread locked?

we'll be on belleville lake. wife says we need to go to wamplers in the irish hills but its my birthday on saturday and i get to pick where we go, right after i ask her if its ok........ :lol:

My birthday is Saturday too