Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bilge blower on a RESPONSE Lxi

coolstreak

I've researched this forum for information on location and replacement of blowers, but the discussion seemed to focus on wakeboard boats. The blower in my 2005 Response LXi seems to be going bad (high pitch squeal like dry bearing) and it is located below the outlet vent. My question is, How in the world to I get to it? Looks like I have to dismantle the storage locker, floorboard, gunnel storage . . . . . Anybody had any experience or knowledge that can help me?

I've researched this forum for information on location and replacement of blowers, but the discussion seemed to focus on wakeboard boats. The blower in my 2005 Response LXi seems to be going bad (high pitch squeal like dry bearing) and it is located below the outlet vent. My question is, How in the world to I get to it? Looks like I have to dismantle the storage locker, floorboard, gunnel storage . . . . . Anybody had any experience or knowledge that can help me?

I could be way off here but are you sure it is below the vent? I have a way different model, but my blower motor is mounted on the underside of the floor just behind the motorbox opening.

While you don't have to dismantle to entire storage compartment, you will have to remove the 'upright' carpeted trim pice. There,you should find the blower mounted to the wall. The hardest part is digging in the carpet to find all the screws. When you replace them, add a trim grommet to make finding them easier the next time.

Ditto what RTS said. I just replaced the blower in my '04 Response LXi. It was behind the panel at the back of the trunk. Fortunately, someone had already put grommets on all the screws so that made them easy to locate.

Edited by jcochrane007

While you don't have to dismantle to entire storage compartment, you will have to remove the 'upright' carpeted trim pice. There,you should find the blower mounted to the wall. The hardest part is digging in the carpet to find all the screws. When you replace them, add a trim grommet to make finding them easier the next time.

They actually started to use finish washers around 04 or 05 so he should not have to dig to find those screws.

-Chris

I could be way off here but are you sure it is below the vent? I have a way different model, but my blower motor is mounted on the underside of the floor just behind the motorbox opening.

Mine is in the same spot, just replaced it along with all the hose, didnt take too long at all.

But our boats are quite a bit older... :unsure:

Thanks everybody for the quick responses. Yup, the hose makes a sharp turn from the outlet vent toward the middle of the boat along the transom. I'll wait until I have a replacement pump before I remove the back panel, but I do notice that it has a vinyl "pocket" behind it (for additional storage, I guess--there is a hole in the back panel on the starboard side where small items could go and there is a hole on the port side for the shower controls. Thanks, again, for your help.

Thanks everybody for the quick responses. Yup, the hose makes a sharp turn from the outlet vent toward the middle of the boat along the transom. I'll wait until I have a replacement pump before I remove the back panel, but I do notice that it has a vinyl "pocket" behind it (for additional storage, I guess--there is a hole in the back panel on the starboard side where small items could go and there is a hole on the port side for the shower controls. Thanks, again, for your help.

I removed my heater unit from my 2005 response lxi and did NOT remove the carpeted piece in front of it. That seemed harder to do than the heater itself.

It was a tight fit but I did it.

I removed my heater unit from my 2005 response lxi and did NOT remove the carpeted piece in front of it. That seemed harder to do than the heater itself.

It was a tight fit but I did it.

The OP is asking about the bilge blower at the transom, not the heater blower...