Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need some help

burns05

Hey. Nice Site ! I have an 08 xstar but I'm thinking about ordering a 2011 247 wakesetter. The MC dealer here is poor but another dealer on my lake has great customer service and just picked up Malibu. He has a 23 lsv and I was impressed with the quality of the the boat but I think the 24 would be more simular to the x-star in wake size. Plus the room would be awesome. We always have alot of company :) Thanks for the help.

Service is the biggest concern if you ever have a problem. If you have a dealer with good mechanics and service that would be the deal breaker for me.

Cant go wrong with the 247 big boat. Do not know what the money difference is between the 23 and the 247 that would be your call.

Always the best bang for the buck.

Let us know what you decide on.

You cant go wrong with the 247 but the 23 LSV will compete with the X-star all day long!! it has more cabin space, uses less fuel, and puts out just as big a wake, just a different shape. (not much) Myself and several others from around here have been in both and most of us prefer the 23LSV wake over the X-star. Demo them both and buy the one tha fits you best!! Welcome to the site!!

Service is the biggest concern if you ever have a problem. If you have a dealer with good mechanics and service that would be the deal breaker for me.

Cant go wrong with the 247 big boat. Do not know what the money difference is between the 23 and the 247 that would be your call.

Always the best bang for the buck.

Let us know what you decide on.

:plus1:

Both MC and malibu build great boats. Sure, each has its own minor differences and things that different individuals may like or dislike, but in the end they both create a world class wake and are fantastic machines. The dealer does make all the difference in the world. I would never have bought a new malibu if it weren't for my dealer, he is great, and it was his past service that sold me on a new boat.

Some good info in this thread that was just started earlier this week comparing the 23 and 247.

You mind as well piggy back This Thread.

As far as wakes I'd say (from word of mouth) a 23LSV will throw as good of a wake as your X-star. Of course this is all personal preference but size wize they should be comparable.

If you need the room and you have the cash there is really no reason NOT to go to the 247. But keep in mind it takes extra storage space and a bigger tow vehicle.

As always, test driving can say wonders.

Best of luck on your hunt and Welcome to the crew! werule.gif

EDIT: Yes I know, TxWake and Chadwick beat me too it Frustrated.gif

Edited by TrickyNicky

Picking my dealer was a major part of buying my boat. Thankfully I have had very little use for parts or service. The times I have used the dealership for help they were so very considerate and mailed me the parts needed saving me Hours of travel time as I don't have a dealer around the corner. I have not had any problems that would need a trained mechanic or diagnoses equipment. Love my Bu! I can't say anything about the big boats and wakes. Good luck in your shopping and hope to see another happy Bu owner. :welcome::werule: