Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge stuck down

chadstanphill

I have a 2008 Wakesetter 23 lsv with 70 hours on it. The power wedge is stuck down. The boat is under warranty but the Malibu shop cannot take a look at it for another 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any way to manually put it up. I need to get it up for this weekend.

Thanks

I have a 2008 Wakesetter 23 lsv with 70 hours on it. The power wedge is stuck down. The boat is under warranty but the Malibu shop cannot take a look at it for another 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any way to manually put it up. I need to get it up for this weekend.

Thanks

Just checking to make sure that you know the boat has to be moving for the wedge to go up.

Terry

Mine quit working on the lake a couple weeks ago and I called the dealer from the lake.

There's a kind of breaker thing in the medallion box on my 2010, but that was ok. There's at least one more fuse (which was what was blown on my boat) in black rubber holder on a red wire (that or else a red rubber holder on a black wire) under the dash. There may even be more fuse inline.

Yes, you have to be moving for the wedge to move up. If you aren't in the water, spin the speed wheel under the boat.

Thanks guys.

The wedge has always worked up/down. It just started doing this. I was told there's a way to manually bring up it but I can't find how. Would a blown fuse cause it only to not come up? If I hit the down button I can hear the wedge motors running even though it's all the way down

Thanks again

Mine quit working on the lake a couple weeks ago and I called the dealer from the lake.

There's a kind of breaker thing in the medallion box on my 2010, but that was ok. There's at least one more fuse (which was what was blown on my boat) in black rubber holder on a red wire (that or else a red rubber holder on a black wire) under the dash. There may even be more fuse inline.

Yes, you have to be moving for the wedge to move up. If you aren't in the water, spin the speed wheel under the boat.

thats what happened in my boat when i couldnt get my wedge to move. It keeps blowing fuses randomly, typically when the boat is moving faster than an idle and I try to move the wedge. I keep a pile of fuses in the boat and just replace it if it blows. We try to only move the wedge while we are at an idle, and it seems to always be fine at an idle. I dont want to loose the boat now for the last few weeks of summer, I'll have the dealer look at it this fall. On my boat the fuse is located under the dash on the red main power input to the lenco control box. Dunno if its the same setup in an 08.

Thanks guys.

The wedge has always worked up/down. It just started doing this. I was told there's a way to manually bring up it but I can't find how. Would a blown fuse cause it only to not come up? If I hit the down button I can hear the wedge motors running even though it's all the way down

Thanks again

If your pressing the button and are hearing the actuators, then Id doubt it would be a fuse. When my wedge wouldn't move there was no power going to the actuators. Before I figured where the blown fuse was, i applied 12v directly to the actuators - there should be some connectors near the transom in the back - follow where the wires come through the transom. I had to macgyver a piece of wire into the connectors, but it worked. Again, I had no power going to the actuators at all and this allowed me to get the wedge into the up position. Are you sure both actuators are making noise?

If you are hearing the actuators functioning then a fuse isn’t the issue. Check to make sure that both are completely sealed and not one of them has a crack in it. The Last year Lenco modified the actuators sort of beefed up the black plastic area, anyway just check to see that both are functioning.

Can’t the dealer take a quick look at it, seems they may not be able fix it but I’d sure help to know what the issue is, instead of waiting. In the meantime parts can be ordered.

Worst case scenario is cut the wires leading to the actuators and remove the wedge. Pull the wedge fuse and tape up the end of the wires. This isn’t ideal but it’ll get you on the water but I’d only do this as a last resort.

I was able to make it go up by connecting directly to the actuators. There is 2 wires white and black. Once I did that it came right up.

It's a quick fix until the dealership looks at the boat.

Thanks again for all the replies