Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

oil dip stick issue

so i got my first malibu today. it is an 02 23lsv. i am itching to take it out on the water, but i am missing the oil dipstick. i dnt want to run it until i can check the oil. i am a long way from malibu so i was hoping some one could tell me what chevy motor this is or what dip stick will work in it.

thanks crew.

Have you tried to contact the seller and see if maybe they had recently changed the oil and forgot to put it back in. Maybe he has it and don't ralize it. Just a thought, wouldn't hurt to try. You could probably get the serial # off the block and take it to chevy dealer and maybe they can hook you up with the correct dipstick, or call skidim.com, they can probably get you one pretty quick.

if it was me, I would drain the oil ,replace the filter, filler up with new oil call ski-dim get a new dip stick.......go have fun.....call me a pessimist,I don't always trust other peoples maint habits

if it was me, I would drain the oil ,replace the filter, filler up with new oil call ski-dim get a new dip stick.......go have fun.....call me a pessimist,I don't always trust other peoples maint habits

Agreed I would go through everything engine oil, transmission and vdrive...cheap insurance. You will need to get one from a marine place or indmar to ensure the correct part as the dipsticks have indmar part numbers.