Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MaliView Video Inputs

sp0tts

Just wondering what kind of sources you folks that have MaliView have used for video input??? I know you can use a camera, but what kind of hookups does the Maliview accept? Are the only inputs iPod/iPhone and Yellow RCA? Is there any way to get video via USB from another device like a non apple smartphone? If anyone has experience with trying any devices, I'd love to hear.

Ultimately what I'm thinking here is I have a Motorola Droid and a Slingbox. I also happen to spend a lot of my weekends in the fall on the lake, I think it'd be really cool if I could possibly stream football games through my phone onto my MaliView. I realize this might not be the device I can do it with, but if the MaliView has an HDMI I'm thinking there are some phones out there that already have this (Droid X). An iPhone really isn't going to be an option unless they go to Verizon (ATT doens't have 3G on my lake). Really just wondering if anyone has thought of this or tried anything similar...

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering what kind of sources you folks that have MaliView have used for video input??? I know you can use a camera, but what kind of hookups does the Maliview accept? Are the only inputs iPod/iPhone and Yellow RCA? Is there any way to get video via USB from another device like a non apple smartphone? If anyone has experience with trying any devices, I'd love to hear.

Ultimately what I'm thinking here is I have a Motorola Droid and a Slingbox. I also happen to spend a lot of my weekends in the fall on the lake, I think it'd be really cool if I could possibly stream football games through my phone onto my MaliView. I realize this might not be the device I can do it with, but if the MaliView has an HDMI I'm thinking there are some phones out there that already have this (Droid X). An iPhone really isn't going to be an option unless they go to Verizon (ATT doens't have 3G on my lake). Really just wondering if anyone has thought of this or tried anything similar...

It has RCA only