Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Confirm for me please! Fat Sack in rear locker 08 LSV

sccofer

Ok I have searched and searched and read a ton of posts so just correct me if I am wrong on anything.

I have a 08 LSV, if I buy the W707 750lb fat sack it will fit in the left rear locker by the engine. I can then plumb it into the overflow line from the hard tank and fill it using the mux switch. Some people have said you don't need to reinforce the wall separating the locker from the engine and others say you do. Are there lots of folks who don't add reinforcement and haven't had an issue with the wall pushing in?

Ok I have searched and searched and read a ton of posts so just correct me if I am wrong on anything.

I have a 08 LSV, if I buy the W707 750lb fat sack it will fit in the left rear locker by the engine. I can then plumb it into the overflow line from the hard tank and fill it using the mux switch. Some people have said you don't need to reinforce the wall separating the locker from the engine and others say you do. Are there lots of folks who don't add reinforcement and haven't had an issue with the wall pushing in?

Go with the 1100 pound sac. You will get much more weight out of it and that sac will make better use of your total compartment space available. Yes plumb it in. You can do it off of the over flow. You will not need to reinforce with the 750. If you go with the 1100 you will need to. You can do this by running a steel bar inside of the large service panel track on the floor.

Go with the 1100 pound sac. You will get much more weight out of it and that sac will make better use of your total compartment space available. Yes plumb it in. You can do it off of the over flow. You will not need to reinforce with the 750. If you go with the 1100 you will need to. You can do this by running a steel bar inside of the large service panel track on the floor.

+1..go with the 1100.

Do you guys remove the removable panel between locker and corner seat to give more room for sac to fill up fully? especially for 1100 sac!

Do you guys remove the removable panel between locker and corner seat to give more room for sac to fill up fully? especially for 1100 sac!

No that will expose the sac to some potential sharp edges if you do that.

Go with the custom surf sac from Bake's or the 1100. If you go with the 750, you will find yourself wanting more (speaking as a guy who has the 750 while waiting on his surf sac).