Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Am Still In Shock

rodman

Just came back from a 400+ mile trip with 4 non boater's I will add. We took my truck and my boat. From experience I left my boat empty so I could at least get some gas money. We drank beer ate food and skied for 5 straight days. Here is where I am still in shock.

I never put penny in gas in the boat.

I never put in a drop of diesel in the truck.

I never paid for a can of beer.

I never even bought even a french fry.

And when I got home they filed the truck and boat.

The only thing that they let me do was do the cooking. They even did the dishes.

Crew please help me, I am in total shock and think that someone better call 911 or wake me up.

These guys are keepers. They do like to travel out west though.

I am not surprised, at all. Car guys are the best, rod-man.

Sunday night one of my friends from the Porsche club treated my wife and I to the Clint Black concert. He has a relation in the entertainment biz and got free tickets, but still they would have cost me $38 each. Clint Black was great BTW and much better than Luke Bryan IMHO. I reciprocated by buying them each the $6 per cup Mirror Pond Ale and then later we all shared a $28 bottle of wine, that I bought.

The previous weekend another (Porsche club) buddy of mine had extra tickets to the Jeld-Wen Legends golf tournament (nationally televised) at Crosswater Club near Sunriver. Further, we got lunch and parking for free (I drove) at the hospitality tent. In my defense I have thrown a good size party at my place for Independence Day fireworks for the car club for about five years.

Bottom line: Car guy friends and my boat owner friends are considerate folks.

Sounds like you had a great time with some people who appreciate the boat and water sports. Sounds like most of our regular crew. Just spent 2 weeks in BC on Shuswap lake and didn't spend much money on fuel at all! A couple of nights they even dropped me off at the dock and swam in from the mooring buoy after covering it up for the night.

It sure makes the day much more enjoyable.

Snap out of it. Thats just crazy talk. No such group of people could ever exist.

The one guy is the cheapest man in the world. They must of shamed him into chipping in.

Has anyone figured what it cost for a day on the water.

Ramp fees 3 to 8 bucks

Beer 20+ a case

Ice 5 a bag

Other drinks 20

Munchies 30

Gas 3.00+ a gallon on the road

Anything else

Yeah, cost of the boat, cost of maintenance, cost of insurance.....it goes on & on. Those costs may be more indirect, but they're still costs that have to be paid.

I must say, it's refreshing to see someone giving a shout to their crew rather than ranting about them. Good on you rodman, & good on your crew.

Too bad I live in the mid-west! I had the one buddy promise pay for every other tank at the beginning of the summer, but I sure haven't seen him fill even a 5 gallon jug.

Too bad I live in the mid-west! I had the one buddy promise pay for every other tank at the beginning of the summer, but I sure haven't seen him fill even a 5 gallon jug.

Had a guy like that when we used to ride motocross. Take my rig and trailer, my park pass, I'd always fill up the night before so we could leave 10 minutes earlier, etc. He always promised to pay and never did...during the season. Dropped him off after the last ride before winter and he tells me to "hold on". Runs inside and comes out with $200 cash and a gift wrapped watch (Tag). All in all worth about 5x what I paid during the season. Sometimes it pays to be patient.

Sounds like it's time for some new boating buds... :Frustrated:

well when they come out west, give my number and tell em to come up to tahoe and surrounding area, glad to take them out

I'm in Tahoe 2-3 times a year I'll have to take ya up on that offer :biggrin:

Wow!!! thats awesome.

My theory is, first time on the boat, you are a guest, my treat. After that, you are expected to chip in. If not, you wont get invited next time.

I am sure most have seen the sticker saying "This boat runs on gas, not thank you's". I need to get one. I think it would be a nice subtle reminder for the few that over look the cost.

Had a guy like that when we used to ride motocross. Take my rig and trailer, my park pass, I'd always fill up the night before so we could leave 10 minutes earlier, etc. He always promised to pay and never did...during the season. Dropped him off after the last ride before winter and he tells me to "hold on". Runs inside and comes out with $200 cash and a gift wrapped watch (Tag). All in all worth about 5x what I paid during the season. Sometimes it pays to be patient.

That was a great jester of appreciation. Makes you think that there are some real people out there that do care. You will be asking him to go with you more often.

Have you ever taken him down on the boat.

Yeah, cost of the boat, cost of maintenance, cost of insurance.....it goes on & on. Those costs may be more indirect, but they're still costs that have to be paid.

I must say, it's refreshing to see someone giving a shout to their crew rather than ranting about them. Good on you rodman, & good on your crew.

Thanks WakeGirl just wanted to put out some positivity for a change. This site can get very gloomy at times.

Am always scared to death to add in all the costs that we don't see day to day.

Edited by rodman

That was a great jester of appreciation. Makes you think that there are some real people out there that do care. You will be asking him to go with you more often.

Have you ever taken him down on the boat.

That was 14 years ago and we've gone separate directions since then (3 hours worth). But we did use him as selling agent on our house 4 years ago, so we do keep in touch.

I should take him on the boat, I could use a new watch...or a bimini...or.....

That was 14 years ago and we've gone separate directions since then (3 hours worth). But we did use him as selling agent on our house 4 years ago, so we do keep in touch.

I should take him on the boat, I could use a new watch...or a bimini...or.....

Maybe a Rolex this time they do go with water.

Just came back from a 400+ mile trip with 4 non boater's I will add. We took my truck and my boat. From experience I left my boat empty so I could at least get some gas money. We drank beer ate food and skied for 5 straight days. Here is where I am still in shock.

The only thing that they let me do was do the cooking. They even did the dishes.

Crew please help me, I am in total shock and think that someone better call 911 or wake me up.

Marry them... All of them! Keepers for sure...

I wouldn't call them non-boaters, those guys are in. I'm guessing that aside from financial help, they helped launch, tie, cover, reel, wipedown, etc. too!