Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for 23 Foot XTI or VLX

SkiBumPMC

I am looking for a 23 Foot Malibu 23 Footer, either a VLX or an XTI.

• Anyone selling a 23 Foot XTI or VLX
  • I would prefer "No Tower"
  • Low Hours
  • I would prefer no "Tricked Out" graphics or "Funky" colors.
  • 10 Years from now, I suspect we'll look back at those graphics & colors and say "That's sooo 2000's"

I realize what I am looking for is tough, which is why I am starting to look now.

I have a 1999 Sunsetter VLX (21 Foot) with 300 Hours in nearly perfect shape that I will sell, once I find what I am looking for. I need a bigger boat for the water I live on.

Edited by SkiBumPMC

Your gonna be hard pressed to find a 23 foot VLX. VLX is the moniker used for the 21 ft. Wakesetter. Look for an 23 XTI or an LSV, which is the name used for the 23 ft boats.

If you don't want a tower and no "tricked out graphics" or "funky colors", you should probably be looking at a Sunscape 23 LSV. They don't come with the wakesetter graphics. Generally are just clean sleak looking. Good luck with your search.

Edited by Roselaw1

Thanks...

I am really getting confused with Malibu models and the cooresponding Hull types...SV23 Diamond, SV23 Wake, etc. It seems the hulls changed in certain years, so I really need to figure out what boat and what year to look for.

I learned my 99 VLX has an SV23 Wake Hull. It skis OK, but I have never been happy with the wake. I knew that when I bought it, though, but figured it it would be better than any I/O and I didn't think a DD would handle the rough water, so I opted for the V-Drive.

The dealer I bought my BU from is telling me that anything (XTI or LSV) with the SV23 Diamond Hull will ski better than what I have now. He even said I'd be happier with a 23 LSV with a Diamond Hull, compared to my 21 VLX. I figure the XTI with a Diamond Hull would be the ideal boat for me, because I love Direct Drive Handling, I slalom ski and I believe that will handle the rough water, well enough.

I guess I am trying to find that elusive boat that skis well, handles rough water and can hold a lot of people, comfortably.

Edited by SkiBumPMC

I've got a bud with a 21 XTI, and on a good day many will agree that the ski wake between a 21XTI and my 21LSV is very comparable. The 21XTI does handle a bit better, but the LSV has way more room and seating. Rear seating in the XTI is not available when you are puling from a center mounted pylon. If you dont have a tower that does not leave you with many options... I'd assume similar comparison for a 23XTI to a 23LSV. I'd look real close at a 23LSV. 23LSV: http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=818277

Thanks...

I am really getting confused with Malibu models and the cooresponding Hull types...SV23 Diamond, SV23 Wake, etc. It seems the hulls changed in certain years, so I really need to figure out what boat and what year to look for.

I learned my 99 VLX has an SV23 Wake Hull. It skis OK, but I have never been happy with the wake. I knew that when I bought it, though, but figured it it would be better than any I/O and I didn't think a DD would handle the rough water, so I opted for the V-Drive.

The dealer I bought my BU from is telling me that anything (XTI or LSV) with the SV23 Diamond Hull will ski better than what I have now. He even said I'd be happier with a 23 LSV with a Diamond Hull, compared to my 21 VLX. I figure the XTI with a Diamond Hull would be the ideal boat for me, because I love Direct Drive Handling, I slalom ski and I believe that will handle the rough water, well enough.

I guess I am trying to find that elusive boat that skis well, handles rough water and can hold a lot of people, comfortably.

There have been a couple of XTi's on the site in the past year or so. You should be able to find one. Also remember the graphics come off.

REW

Thanks...

Get a 23 XTI - and get a tower too, even if you are not a wakeboarder. I use it for storing skis and boards, and a high mounted place for lights, speakers, and bimini is totally worth it for that alone. Plus all my kids want to board vs ski. Here's a pic of mine:

35978_1477161020716_1584453747_1180329_3361994_n.jpg

I got into this boat from a smaller 20 ft Echelon LX. I am a slalom skier and the 23 XTI has an amazingly good slalom wake for a 23 footer. If you are a tournament short line skier, it's not for you, but if you like to carve glass and pull hard tthrough the wakes in "training" for slalom course runs, it's a great boat. Tons and tons of storage, love the handling of the center engine, and filling ballast and dropping the wedge and you can catch serious air on a board. I think it's easily the best crossover boat out there.

Good luck in your search!

-- Mike