Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview Problem

HighrockLSV

I have a 2009 wakesetter LSV. This past weekend the maliview screen goes off and comes back on. Ususlly at low to idle speeds. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for all your help.

I have a 2009 wakesetter LSV. This past weekend the maliview screen goes off and comes back on. Ususlly at low to idle speeds. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for all your help.

Never heard of that one but check all the connections on the Blue Madallion box under the dash.

Never heard of that one but check all the connections on the Blue Madallion box under the dash.

Thanks for your help. I just purchased the boat about 10 hours from where I live so I cant just hop in the car and take it back to the dealer. I appreciate the advice I will check the connections.

Chris

OK, what if all the connections are tight?

Low speed problem makes one think about voltage issues.

While running, the alternator should be charging the batteries on one side and providing house power on other side.

Not sure what kind of switching it has but at this point a phone call to the Service shop may save time and frustration.

Does the stereo volume or lights fade also? If no other house system issues, you have isolated it to the Maliview side of circuit.

While running, the alternator should be charging the batteries on one side and providing house power on other side.

Not sure what kind of switching it has but at this point a phone call to the Service shop may save time and frustration.

Does the stereo volume or lights fade also? If no other house system issues, you have isolated it to the Maliview side of circuit.

hi, welcome aboard, it is nice to see noo-b members contributing their opinion and advice.

to the op, uh, what they said...

bob

No everything else works fine. The speed control, radio, wedge all stay in the current position. Just the screen and tachometer go off and then come back on. I checked all the connections. This past weekend it started doing it while wakeboarding. I guess I am going to take it to the shop.

Thanks for your help. I just purchased the boat about 10 hours from where I live so I cant just hop in the car and take it back to the dealer. I appreciate the advice I will check the connections.

Chris

You shouldn't have to take it back to the dealer that you bought it from especially for a possible warranty issue. Where are you located? Does "Highrock"LSV have anything to do with High Rock Lake in North Carolina?

You shouldn't have to take it back to the dealer that you bought it from especially for a possible warranty issue. Where are you located? Does "Highrock"LSV have anything to do with High Rock Lake in North Carolina?

Yes I live on Highrock. I bought the boat anout 10 hours away from here so I am going to take it to a local dealer.

Uh, oh, have you heard differently about Grandpa's?

You could come to Northpoint in Mooresville. Or search nearest dealers on malibuboats.com

Yes, I have had problems with them before. My wife and I went up there to a buy a boat a couple weeks ago and they acted like we werent serious. They didny even want to take the time to sit down with us. So I went the next day and bought one else where. I also have a nice moomba LS if you know anyone looking for an entry level boat.

• 1 year later...

You have no idea what you are in for .My boat went down approx June 2 and 7 viper modules later and it is still not fixed . I have been battling this problem since I bought the boat 3 years ago.it's not fair that we spend all this money and in the end our families suffer .this is a huge problem .remember next year the warranty is up on the electronics , so if you have no claim i cant imagine they will take responsibility for it next year.when you are making your complaint on this thread please include how many hours are on the boat , year , make and model.please contact me directly at [email protected]. I would like to get a list going of all the people with problems !please don't dismiss this issue just because it happened once and went away there is way more to it than that.

Try replacing the video cable. They went to a better quality cable in 2010. I had to replace mine. Its a simple RCA video cable.

Remember it is only the video cable if the screen goes out or flickers .it is a more serious problem if the screen reboots shuts off and comes back on

Here are some links with the same problems

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34505&view=getnewpost