Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got the glass Tinted today!

Violentj34

I got my glass tinted today. I like it alot just thought I would show it in case some people wanted to know what it looks like I am sure other people here have done it as well. But I was happy so wanted to post it :)

photo-2.jpg

What benefits does tinting the windows provide other that aesthetics,

Looks sweet

I was headed in to the launch last night, the sun was setting in front of me and the glare off the windshield made it almost impossible to see the trailer, I wonder if the tint would have cut the glare?

It looks wicked cool :rockon:

What benefits does tinting the windows provide other that aesthetics,

Looks sweet

With the Bimini up and the windows tinted it actually keeps the boat cooler. I have a 2 year old and he has a lot more shade when sleeping on my walk through cushions or the observer seat because our windshield is tinted.

I really only did it for the looks to be honest. With the boat having some black in it I thought it would really add something and the price for it in boat standards was not too bad paid 280 bucks for it limo tinted. I really only take the boat out when its hot and the sun is really bright where we go so I knew the limo tint would not be a issue at all. Didnt have to remove anything to do it. They did tell me dont do it at a rookie shop as it does require some good heat to get it on right with the cut and curves of the glass. Not sure if thats really the case as I am not a window tinter but I have been happy with this shops work on my car as well.

Hey ELC I am in Anaheim Hills as well!! You get your Axis from Chris at Paradise Watersports? I have a membership at vail lake if you ever want to go out sometime!!

Hey ELC I am in Anaheim Hills as well!! You get your Axis from Chris at Paradise Watersports? I have a membership at vail lake if you ever want to go out sometime!!

Awesome! I didn't notice your location in your first post. I actually think I saw you pulling your boat on wier by the starbucks a couple weeks ago. I remember telling my wife hey there is 2010 lsv - good looking boat!

Yeah I did get it from Chris... I am actually headed down there today, they are doing some warranty work.

I will send you a message with my contact info.

I was headed in to the launch last night, the sun was setting in front of me and the glare off the windshield made it almost impossible to see the trailer, I wonder if the tint would have cut the glare?

It looks wicked cool :rockon:

Tint helps the glare big time... I love the look of it on our boat but it is tough to see through if it's cloudy or any night driving.

Congrats. Mine is 20% and now that I have it, I wouldn't own another boat without it. It helps keep the boat cool, and looks great as well. We were out late last weekend (first time in the Vlx) and had to use the bolster seat. Small price to pay imo.

Looks great!! Iam definately a fan of the tint,the last boat was tinted looked sweet.My wife likes having the clear windshield especially if its overcast or dusk as she found it hard to see in those conditions.I drive more so its gettin tinted :rockon:

Sparkles' windshield is tinted. The 2010 247 has the old style wind shield. The guy who did it did a great job. He did not have to remove the wind shield when two others tinters told me you had too. It came out great. Some thing funny about a window tinter removing and reattaching my boat wind shield.

An additional plus is believe it or not is it is much much cooler at the helm and in/on the observers seat. The reason there is no light reflecting off the top dash panel and there is no sun glare. I was very surprised to find this.

A negative is it is difficult to see at night and can darken your sunglasses a shade or two during the day time.

It also shows water spots like you would not believe. Therefore clean it often. I know most of us do this any way.

I will do it on my next boat.

The pic of the boat that started this thread is LEGIT!!!

Edited by Stanley Wheelhouse

I am so happy it makes it a little cooler!! I just did it to look good and again I only drive the boat when its beating hot outside!! Lake Mojave was 120 this last week so any thing that will make it a little cooler is a bonus!!

Oh yeah they did NOT take out the glass I would not go for that!! It doesnt need to be taken out to be tinted.

I got my glass tinted today. I like it alot just thought I would show it in case some people wanted to know what it looks like I am sure other people here have done it as well. But I was happy so wanted to post it Smile.gif

photo-2.jpg

what % Did You Go,, I was Thinking 20%

Congrats. Mine is 20% and now that I have it, I wouldn't own another boat without it. It helps keep the boat cool, and looks great as well. We were out late last weekend (first time in the Vlx) and had to use the bolster seat. Small price to pay imo.

How do You like the 20% Does it still look Dark??

How do You like the 20% Does it still look Dark??

My last two boats had 20%... It still looks pretty dark. There is a link to some pics of the newer boat in my profile with 20%.

I am not sure what % I got chose from a couple of samples and i chose the LIMO took it out last week and I had no problem seeing out of it I am very happy with it for sure.