Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sanford & Son brand ballast

stroker-ace

28kj2bd.jpg

Brought to you from Team Whatever It Takes...

What is really funny is when people see us dumping the fuel tanks back into the lake.

Basically, we are running:

Full MLS (non-surf empty)

2 250# sacs in rear locker (plumbed into MLS)

1 300# sac under port seat (plumbed into MLS)

a tool box chock full of large Craftsman tools

a duffel bag full of random weights

fuel cans full of water (filled by stock shower)

Igloo drinking cooler (filled by stock shower)

one fuel tank with a mixture of sand and water

several bags of Wal-Mart ($3) playground sand randomly placed in the bow and port side

We have people try to lend assistance to our heavily listed boat all the time.

We look like freaking lake terrorists. In a certain sense, we kind of are. But we get it done. :rockon::surfing:

28kj2bd.jpg

Brought to you from Team Whatever It Takes...

What is really funny is when people see us dumping the fuel tanks back into the lake.

Basically, we are running:

Full MLS (non-surf empty)

2 250# sacs in rear locker (plumbed into MLS)

1 300# sac under port seat (plumbed into MLS)

a tool box chock full of large Craftsman tools

a duffel bag full of random weights

fuel cans full of water (filled by stock shower)

Igloo drinking cooler (filled by stock shower)

one fuel tank with a mixture of sand and water

several bags of Wal-Mart ($3) playground sand randomly placed in the bow and port side

We have people try to lend assistance to our heavily listed boat all the time.

We look like freaking lake terrorists. In a certain sense, we kind of are. But we get it done. :rockon::surfing:

Congratulations on the most ghetto ballast setup I've ever seen, but you've got to love it :thumbup: .

On the way back from Lake Conroe, there was a small home with the yard literally chock full of junk. An old bus, car parts, a rusted iron bed frame, you name it.

Invariably someone would start the Sanford and Son theme song. We even used it as a driving reference IE "I'm just past Sanford's, so I'll be at the launch in 15 minutes."

Make sure you are using mostly water for your ballast. (I wanted to link a video Larry has showing the difference between water and lead ballast, but the link is down. :( )

Can't help but think...

If you and maybe one or two of your buddies would land a girlfriend, they would just about replace all that weight in the cans and cooler.

Plus they would be nicer to look at, would not destroy your seats, and would self load/unload at the beginning/end of the day...

Then again, the girlfriends would be no where near as reliable as your current setup, and last I checked gas cans and Igloo coolers didn't nag you if you want to stay out for a few more sets...

Surf On!

Where do I start?

It is not my boat, it belongs to my hommie. He drives it like he stole it. Bought brand new at the boat show in 2001. So dont worry about the seats.

No, this system does not transfer over to Black Sunshine.

If you were to look at all the sacs, it looks a lot like Martin Archer's set-up, Tsunami pumps, ball valves everywhere, totally dialed in. Very professionally done. My boy is good at all that shyte, he is just strapped for cash and we needed to get the rubrail in the water.

We are both married, but have Monday's off when everyone else is working. We have 4 20-something broads on the boat every sunday, but you know how much they wanna surf. We never have any human ballast, so we do what we can. Hence, the S&S ballast system.

He has no wedge, that has a lot to do with it.

Dont worry about the seats, they are worn in like an old baseball glove.

Quit hatin' Brad. I have to buy a Integrity skate for the RLXI. I skate more than I surf. :biggrin:

It is all in good fun. Dont worry about my hommie's boat. He doesn't. Everything installed on the boat is immaculate...stereo, fat sacs, LED everywhere. He just enjoys his boat and doesntg sweat the small stuff.

Can't help but think...

If you and maybe one or two of your buddies would land a girlfriend, they would just about replace all that weight in the cans and cooler.

Plus they would be nicer to look at, would not destroy your seats, and would self load/unload at the beginning/end of the day...

Then again, the girlfriends would be no where near as reliable as your current setup, and last I checked gas cans and Igloo coolers didn't nag you if you want to stay out for a few more sets...

Surf On!

I cant speak for everyone else and their buddies, but i don't look for a girlfriend with Ballast in mind or vise versa...

I cant speak for everyone else and their buddies, but i don't look for a girlfriend with Ballast in mind or vise versa...

Are you poking fun at people who have a serious relationship with water filled inflatables? If you want to make fun of people's love life, you should start by learning Latin....

ROFL.gif On "bar night" of our first Wakeboard Weekend in Petosky, MI that was our mission: find the biggest women we could that would just sit in the back of the Echelon. There were two single guys in the group that landed two at a bar on the first night. A bar that had free shelled peanuts. But we wound up hammered and lost and misplaced their number. The jokes never stopped, man that was a fun time.

• 5 months later...

So I'm going through old posts on ballast since that will be my next project and came across this one. This is classic! This is hilarous! From the first photo to all the way down to the last post of picking up the girls at the peanut bar on fat tuesday! This made my evening and actually had me laughing out loud. Thanks for the laugh. I will be saving this photo to show my friends that live just a few trailers down. :)

Been there. Dumb bells, pig iron, gas cans full of sand & gravel, scrap lead, sand bags, whatever it takes. :rockon:

bags of landscape rock in my last boat and it was a bayliner..........hows that for canadian how to........

now I have 2 750 lbs rear flyhighs, 1 650 bow flyhigh, 1 500lbs belly and 2 155lbs flyhigh bricks.........buying the malibu was the beginning of my financial implosion.

So I'm going through old posts on ballast since that will be my next project and came across this one. This is classic! This is hilarous! From the first photo to all the way down to the last post of picking up the girls at the peanut bar on fat tuesday! This made my evening and actually had me laughing out loud. Thanks for the laugh. I will be saving this photo to show my friends that live just a few trailers down. :)

Too funny and totally on topic. :thumbup: