Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vinyl upholstery mystery

What year is the boat? Still under warranty? There have been a few with this problem. IIRC some type of algae can grow on some colors of vinyl, I want to say it was prominent in 05-07 year range. Either way, I don't think that's sun damage.

Edited by Ndawg12

my 05 looks the same on dash, likely sun beating through windshield like a magnifying glass( previous owner). I have seen some vinyl repair guys perform miracles on stuff like that!

Yep I have the same thing on the top of the radio cover on my o4, I was thinking sunn damage, use to see that alot in the 80's with vinyl installed near patio slider almost looks the same...

Not sure what it is, but I have the same problem on my 05 VLX. Started in one spot on the sundeck and has "spread" to all 3 panels. Any suggested solutions out there?

Looked like a type of mold or algae i had on a jet ski. Its a cancer that cant be fixed without taking it to get the vinyl "panel" replaced. If you dont do anything it will grow and if you kill it, it will dry up and the the vinyl will crack. It destroyed my jetski seat. Sorry for the bad news. You can prevent it by keeping your vinyl clean and dry when in storage and a UV protector when out.