Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner

mp3mike05

Hey everyone, just picked up my first Malibu. Coming from a 17' Maxum Bowrider I/O... big difference!

I am not even positive what it is to be honest. It was sold as a Malibu Euro, all the writing / decals have long come off the boat. I am guessing it is a 1989 - 1990 Malibu Skier Euro F3? Measures 19.5 ft not counting the swim deck.

After looking around at all your boats on the forum all I can say is mine is not winning any beauty awards anytime soon, haha. I picked her up on the cheap though so I feel pretty good about it. Some gauges don't work, floor has a soft spot up front, engine has probably seen better days. I plan on driving it for a year or so and slowly fixing it up. The exterior has a lot of nasty gouges in the gelcoat from docking mishaps, but nothing down to the glass. The bottom also has a big spot that was obviously repaired at one time near the prop and one of the fins in the middle (guessing they ran aground)

2010-08-15192050.jpg

2010-08-15192114.jpg

IMG_20100817_153340.jpg

IMG_20100817_164929.jpg

IMG_20100822_184148.jpg

NICE! I do love the skiers. And yes - you have a Malibu Euro F3 Skier 195.

The year will be part of the HIN number.

Welcome aboard!

Lots of skier owners on this forum.

Welcome!!!Rockon.gif I think you will be able to find every resource you will need on the crew. Good Luck on the project. I think you will really like this boat. Just give it plenty of TLC and slowly rebuild, if allowed, and take your time!! You will soon become as addicted as everyone else on the crew Yahoo.gif

That is one SWEET boat. Welcome good group here...

Thanks, the pictures really do it more justice than it deserves, but it isn't too shabby for a 20 year old boat. I'm very happy considering I only had to put down a few hundred on top of what I got for my 94 Maxum for it.

:welcome: and :werule: Black, grey, and white back then...you have a timeless color scheme, I love it :thumbup: Slowly fix that baby up and show us your progress. I love the old boats, especially their restoration stories. I can think of 3 or 4 members at least on here that can and will give great guidance.

Judging by the color I'm 95% sure that it's a 1990, Mine is a 93 and I love it! Welcome to the crew and let me know if you have any boat specific questions.

:rockon:

Edited by Levi900RR

nice dude! Where are you located?

Just figured out how to update my profile. I am in Clemson, SC, live just a mile or two from Lake Hartwell. Pretty much sits between Atlanta and Charlotte.

Im betting its a 90 as well. I have the 89 with the same line but its blu and blue. I like the outside of mine better but you cant beat having grey carpet. The one piece windshield will make it look newer that many of the early to mid 90's boats. Easy to take care and fast as hell. Enjoy the "wiskey wips". Full speed, turn hard, hold on....Youll figure it out. You might want to re-order the wiskey wip.

All the gauges are simple and should be easy to fix. Check the impeller right away unless you know its been done. Change the oil and filters and you should be good for while.

I like it. I cant seam to sell mine as I just got an 01 sunsetter to replace the Blu bu.

Enjoy it. You are now in the competition tow boat class and not the pleasure boat class.