Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is the best wakesurf board?

KRMartin123

What size wakesurf board should I be using currently I have a 5'11" board and idk if I went smaller would I get better rides out of it?

What size wakesurf board should I be using currently I have a 5'11" board and idk if I went smaller would I get better rides out of it?

You could. What is your size and weight? How big is your wave? What is your skill level? What board are you riding now? Broadcast? A lot of the best surf and skim boards can be found here:

http://www.towanza.com/surf-shop/wakesurf-boards

Edited by skurfer

You could. What is your size and weight? How big is your wave? What is your skill level? What board are you riding now? Broadcast? A lot of the best surf and skim boards can be found here:

http://www.towanza.com/surf-shop/wakesurf-boards

I'm 6 ft tall, weigh about 175, currently I'm riding the Hyperlite Woody 5'11" board, My skill level is excellent, I've been surfing and other sports like this for years now, wake is about 4 ft.

I'm 6'1" lbs and I love my 2011 Ronix Koal 5'0" Perfect size board for me, love the way it handles. I want to play with fin options a little because this board will not cut loose for spins. Rides really fast, instead of MPH now I'm 14.MPH, great edge, lots of pop.

-Paul

I'm 6 ft tall, weigh about 175, currently I'm riding the Hyperlite Woody 5'11" board, My skill level is excellent, I've been surfing and other sports like this for years now, wake is about 4 ft.

That board is too big for you. Usually big guys 225 lbs. + ride that board. You will do better with something smaller. I've never been on it, but I have a Blue Lake which is smaller. I also have a TWP Signature 4.9 and a XXX Slasher 4.8, both are awesome! Way better than the Blue Lake. Check this thread for more info. on the XXX boards:

What kind of boat are you riding behind that throws a 4 ft wave? An ocean going boat? I don't think an Enzo or a 247 can throw a wave that big......

I've heard good things about the Ronix Koal, never been on it, tho.......Paul you feel like shipping me one to demo? :)

Edited by skurfer

I've heard good things about the Ronix Koal, never been on it, tho.......Paul you feel like shipping me one to demo? :)

Not to highjack, but...

I've wondered if the Ronix Koal would work for me and what size. I've got small wakes (RLX with wedge and 2 sacs) and nobody more than 170 lbs. Current board is a 6' surfboard and soft rails make it a little too slow. You can go ropeless but it is tough. Any thoughts?

I love my Triple X Slasher (thanks to 06VLX for that suggestion)! Had sveral crew members riding it at the WOW this past weekend enjoying it as well (beginners and advanced). One of which was about the same size as you and he was shredding within 20 mins. It's a 4'8" board.

Edited by 98buphon

I am 6' 180 lbs, intermediate rider. Rode a Liquid Force Custom Thruster last night and loved it (3-4 foot, steep wave). Smallest board I have been on but my favorite so far (4'6" board). Smaller board was a lot of fun and still easy to ride, though you had to keep up with it. Also ride a Grindwater Shaka (5'), which is fun but needs a big wave or a better rider. Smaller people really struggle on that one. Ronix Caption is a good board for the wife, but I can also ride it (it is 5' but a bit wide, good for newbies). Started on CWB Ride (5'3" I think). Definitely recommend trying a shorter board.

Edited by DAC

A 5'11" board? I would say any board you buy will be more fun. :biggrin: I like the CWB Tsunami; super edgy & fast. almost has a snowboarding 'edge to edge' feel...has nice pop off the wave. Love the LF Custom (the original): nice, loose feel but still fast down the line....doesn't take a lot of effort to get it in the air. Heard tons of good stuff about these XXX boards. Can't wait for Ruffdog's to arrive!! :rockon:

Just out of curiosity; What kind of stuff are you doing now on that 6' board? Seems like it would be murder to spin on and a ton of board to get out of the water?

Anyway, good luck. Let us know what you end up getting.

A 5'11" board? I would say any board you buy will be more fun. :biggrin: I like the CWB Tsunami; super edgy & fast. almost has a snowboarding 'edge to edge' feel...has nice pop off the wave. Love the LF Custom (the original): nice, loose feel but still fast down the line....doesn't take a lot of effort to get it in the air. Heard tons of good stuff about these XXX boards. Can't wait for Ruffdog's to arrive!! :rockon:

Just out of curiosity; What kind of stuff are you doing now on that 6' board? Seems like it would be murder to spin on and a ton of board to get out of the water?

Anyway, good luck. Let us know what you end up getting.

with the 5'11" board not doing too much just mainly riding somehow i can 360 it, but I'm sure much easier on a smaller board for sure. I just bought this one because it was a good name at a good price... but now that i've been seeing these smaller boards I want to start using them.