Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bigger bimini for illusion x tower?

CalimaliBoo

Anyone out there find a NICE larger bimini top for 06 23lsv with illusion x tower? I have small kids and need better sun protection.

I am hoping to find somethin that mounts as clean as the factory tower? Maybe even something with a cargo rack?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt

Well i just got it yesterday and we out the top up last nite, i would say no extension, its all one piece...any pics of what i should look for or any measurements?

Thanks again

Well i just got it yesterday and we out the top up last nite, i would say no extension, its all one piece...any pics of what i should look for or any measurements?

Thanks again

My gallery has some pics with a metcraft bimini extension in place. It attaches via zipper to the stock one.

your current top should have 1 side of a zipper on the back edge. when you buy the extesion it comes with a new rear hoop. you zip the two pieces together and attach the new rear bar and your done. supper easy.

your current top should have 1 side of a zipper on the back edge. when you buy the extesion it comes with a new rear hoop. you zip the two pieces together and attach the new rear bar and your done. supper easy.

How much long is the extension? Can both ext and regular fit in the boot for storage? Since Metcraft is out of business, where can we buy the ext?

i hate to bring up my awesome extended bimini (oh, who are we kidding? no, i'm not! it rules!), but these look really small. like, with the extension they look only about 4 or 5 feet.

• 6 months later...

I too am searching for the extended hoop to lengthen my bimini. If you run across more than one please let me know. Thank you.

Anyone out there find a NICE larger bimini top for 06 23lsv with illusion x tower? I have small kids and need better sun protection.

I am hoping to find somethin that mounts as clean as the factory tower? Maybe even something with a cargo rack?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt

have the Z3 rack on our 23', dont know if it is even made still,

serves as good shade for the main seating

portion of the boat, also keeps kneeboards, skis, or tubes up top if

needed for a crowded ride with all the toys along...

How much long is the extension? Can both ext and regular fit in the boot for storage? Since Metcraft is out of business, where can we buy the ext?

the extension is about 20". the extension will not fit in the boot.

I too am searching for the extended hoop to lengthen my bimini. If you run across more than one please let me know. Thank you.

I'm bauld and it is hot on Bullshoals. I,m also looking for an extinson for my bimini.

Maybe we can get a local bu supporter to fab up an extension that will collapse into the boot.. hmmm who do I know that does SS tube bending and has a canvas shop? (PAUL!)

the extension is about 20". the extension will not fit in the boot.

Maybe we can get a local bu supporter to fab up an extension that will collapse into the boot.. hmmm who do I know that does SS tube bending and has a canvas shop? (PAUL!)

Nice plug John!!!

We can do anything really, we just need the boat and tower (or similar one here) to pattern the canvas after we make the frame for it.

-Paul

Paul could you not make just the extension? and do it so we could make it fit in the boot? you know thats why most people hate the extension..

If i had the boat or similar boat with the Metcraft Bimini we could possibly make the extension. But for all the work to make a extension it would be easier to make a new canvas and not have the zipper. Plus the extension adding the 18-24" just isn't worth the money or effort in my opinion.

Oh it could fit in the boot, but you would have a few feet of bar hanging outside of it. You could do a hinge like they did on the factory G3 Bimini but i'm not a fan of that either, great idea but with no set screws or anything i would think it rattles like crazy. The ones I've played with here have a lot of slop in the fittings.

- Paul

Paul could you not make just the extension? and do it so we could make it fit in the boot? you know thats why most people hate the extension..

The extension on my 06 247 fits well in the original boot. I have to retract the arms to get it to still store on the tower though.

• 9 years later...

Reviving this old thread.

So, has anyone made an extended bimini or can still get one from somewhere?

Picked up a 07 247 this weekend and the bimini is really small.  It does have the zipper on the back if that helps.

1 hour ago, jwl019 said:

Picked up a 07 247 this weekend and the bimini is really small.  It does have the zipper on the back if that helps.

@jwl019 What? Do you have two now?

1 hour ago, BearCreekBum said:

@jwl019 What? Do you have two now?

No sir! Sold my '18 right after vacation and planned on picking up a '20 or '21 but couldn't make up my mind between a Centurion Fi23 or 23 LSV so bought used until I demo again later on.

Plus it will give me something to do over winter: install ballast, etc.

8590.jpeg

4 minutes ago, BearCreekBum said:

Nice boat. Love the naked look. 

Shame I didn’t get to take a ride in your 18. My loss. 

You know your always welcome anytime passing thru or around the area!

Almost had to call you up a couple weekends ago to see if I could come visit passing thru from Illinois/Michigan area while going to pic up a 2019 Fi23, but I was 2nd on list and the 1st person bought it.

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2020 at 4:34 PM, jwl019 said:

Just ordered this it adds 12in but its the complete Bimini all new hardware and all. I also added the 2 surf pockets

https://towerbiminis.com/product-category/biminis/malibu/

Edited by Bradley Thornton
7 hours ago, Bradley Thornton said:

Just ordered this it adds 12in but its the complete Bimini all new hardware and all. I also added the 2 surf pockets

https://towerbiminis.com/product-category/biminis/malibu/

I may have to call them, I don't see the XL bimini show the option for the 247 like the standard size does.

• Like 1