Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Has anyone seen anytthing like this

rodman

Was at the lake yesterday and seen the oddest thing coming right at me. It was throwing the spray I have seen.

When it got close to me I was kinds shocked I am not sure what it was. It had 2 pontoons about the size of large oxygen bottles, a 75 HP Mercury outboard and 2 people seated in the middle. This thing was so low to the water I can't believe it was even floating. And mad did it fly it looked like one of those hydro drag boats from the back.

Never seen it again to get a picture. Hope it didn't sink.

Great, a new form of jet ski lake lice on the water! :sw2:

I do not think that these things can corner or fly like the lake lice do. And I think we can run these things down.

I do not think that these things can corner or fly like the lake lice do. And I think we can run these things down.

Definately it says there top speed is around 35 MPH :rtfm:

Definately it says there top speed is around 35 MPH :rtfm:

Good I thought so I can get about 40 out of my boat. Those things are pricey for what they are.

35 with a 30 horse outboat. I'm pretty sure the dude with the 75 Hp outboard could hit 50+ mph no problem.

This thing was dancing across the water like a hydro drag boat. Man he was way over the motor output.

I have a 10 ft long GW Invader with a 70 hp Merc. It will hit mid 50's. Since the Craigcat has less wet surface and 5 more HP I'm certain it will break 60 mph.

I have a 10 ft long GW Invader with a 70 hp Merc. It will hit mid 50's. Since the Craigcat has less wet surface and 5 more HP I'm certain it will break 60 mph.

Well...thats one way to go.

The dealer I worked for is what's left of GW Invader. They used to produce those boats.