Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat suddenly stopped and gauges went crazy...

Hey all,

I have a 07 VLX with 91 hours on it. Was heading home at about 30mph when the boat's gauges went crazy (Tach RPMs went up - gauge only) and boat suddenly died in the water...I started it immediately (without letting computer and gauges cycling) and it ran weird...again Tach was way off...showed the engine running 6k when it was idling in gear. I turned boat off, let it sit for a minute and turned the key on and let computer re-boot, gauges cycle, then re-started. All seemed ok....didn't drive too long after that though...was a little nervous...

Any thoughts?

Ken

When I got back to lake, the boat would not turn over....kept getting a message saying no ECM communication for 25 seconds. Then I noticed the status LCD screen showing 0 volts....figured it was a battery issue. I found that my battery slid an inch and tripped the main breaker on the boat. I reset the breaker and all appears to be ok....put another 6 hours on boat this weekend. I bet that i hit a couple of hard bumps and turned sharp enough to slide the battery into the main breaker trip button...WILD....thought you would find interesting!!!

All seems ok...love the boat!

Edited by KenD

Glad you figured it out, but also the ground thing mentioned above is spot on, if it does happen again. Had a similiar issue and found a ground wire that was loose on a modification that I did on the boat. Fixed the ground and havn't had a problem since.