Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boaters need respect also

rodman

last week I took a Camping, Fishing, Boating vacation with my kids. This is a very busy lake on the weekends most of the time. We went skiing and had a many good pulls the rest of the day. Was a perfect set up for a great week.

There have been so many post about Jet Skies and how they should not be banned from the water. With there disrespect to the others and hanging around our big wake boats and bla bla bla. Hey I have posted against them also pro and con.

Well let me tell you there are just as many JAG OFF ski boat owners out there. One morning my daughter and I went out at 5 AM to get some fishing in before things get to busy. We were in a bay that was mirror smooth and so was the whole lake. We were watching a ski boat with a skier on the back her was really tearing it up. Well he decided to give us a bath with with his ski roster tail. I just could not believe that he did this on purpose. I was totally shocked and there was nothing I could do with a 9.9 motor and his Dark Blue Ski Centurion stood out. The rest of the week didn't get much better with the jets and the rest of the boats. I guess fisherman have no rights or respect on the water either. You need to be on a fishing boat and have these boats rock you almost out of it, from being to close.

One afternoon we were out in my LSV and I found the Dark Blue Ski Centurion pulling a skier I tried to run him down but I was out matched for speed. I chased him but it was a waste of gas.

As I was leaving Friday putting the boats on the trailers guess what was in the parking lot yep the Ski Centurion. I was ready to kick some A$$ but there was a 60, 70 old man with the boat. I started to give him an ear full and almost made a total a** out of myself. After he calmed me down he could of been more sorry for his Grandsons action's. His Grandson took his boat with his buddies and were just being jerk off's on the lake. I was told that the local boat marina called the Fish Commission reported him. They told him to get the boat off the lake and not to come back.

All in all it is always a great day to spend it with your kids.

Edited by rodman

Had my first real run in with a fisherman not too long ago. Lake was choppy. He was fishing in the only calm part of the lake. Lake is narrow at this part. He was in the middle. We passed him wakeboarding, after we passed him rider fell. Went back by him to stay out of the wind. He yelled something at us, but I have no idea what he said. Our tower speakers were not on, I should have blasted them, but I chose to ignore him as we had family from out of town in the boat. Just have to be careful what you say and do out there. He's lucky circumstances weren't different and that I haven't seen him again.

Good story. Kid is going to learn a tough lesson soon.

I doubt it what is his granddad going to do to him. These kids well a lot of of them have no respect for themselves let alone some one else.

Had my first real run in with a fisherman not too long ago. Lake was choppy. He was fishing in the only calm part of the lake. Lake is narrow at this part. He was in the middle. We passed him wakeboarding, after we passed him rider fell. Went back by him to stay out of the wind. He yelled something at us, but I have no idea what he said. Our tower speakers were not on, I should have blasted them, but I chose to ignore him as we had family from out of town in the boat. Just have to be careful what you say and do out there. He's lucky circumstances weren't different and that I haven't seen him again.

I was taught at an early age to be respectful. I know that fisherman hate anyone that makes any type of waves on the water. Just like we hate jet skies following behind us. I know better than to be on a ski lake thinking that the water will be calm. I just get off before the big boats get on the water that is why I took my LSV. I do stay out of the way of the people fishing out of respect.

Here is a question there were some Amish people fishing in it looked looked like a hollowed out log NO JOKE. Who is responsible if we sink one of them for being to close?

Our lake is a junk show after 9am most weekends and even on Fridays in Jul/Aug. This season I decided not worry about it and try to laugh through most of it - tubers at 7am, jetskiers doing donuts right in your line, the crew of dudes thinking they are cool blasting vulgar music but suck at wakeboarding and powerturn all day. I realize the water isn't anybodys private playground so just have to deal. I believe most people would be more considerate but they just don't know any better, and don't know how good the water could be with a little thought. Plenty of them are in new malibus, nautiques, mastercrafts etc. Most dangerous incident this year was with a mastercraft ski boat, pulling a skier, who did think the water was his and drove right by us (not a big deal if he had gotten in the line and kept going) and then turned back around right in front of us - that did get a one finger salute.

We have tried sharing a line and some people get it, but most would rather go next to you so we both have bad water. If it gets too junky we join the herd and start surfing and tubing!!

The fisherman have the worst of the deal. They also have the most respect for other boats.

I'm not sure the type of boat you drive/own has much to do with the amount of respect you have for the lake, other boats etc. My beef is when it's time to relax a little bit. We usually go and drift in an area that is off to the side of the lake and somewhat out of the way. But it's inevitable that someone decides to wakeboard/surf between us and the shore which is usually only about 40ft away in a lake that is probably 1/4 mile wide(at that point, its even wider in other sections). And I've seen wakeboats, I/O's and jet ski's do this. We get tossed all over the place!! I just don't see the point of it all. And they are usually the ones who roar around the dock/boat launch making a crap load of waves in the "no wake" zone or drift about 100ft from the end of the launch waiting for their trailer. Some people just don't get it. I usually try to keep my distance from fishermen since I know they don't like the waves, plus I don't want to get their line in my prop.

I'm not sure the type of boat you drive/own has much to do with the amount of respect you have for the lake, other boats etc. My beef is when it's time to relax a little bit. We usually go and drift in an area that is off to the side of the lake and somewhat out of the way. But it's inevitable that someone decides to wakeboard/surf between us and the shore which is usually only about 40ft away in a lake that is probably 1/4 mile wide(at that point, its even wider in other sections). And I've seen wakeboats, I/O's and jet ski's do this. We get tossed all over the place!! I just don't see the point of it all. And they are usually the ones who roar around the dock/boat launch making a crap load of waves in the "no wake" zone or drift about 100ft from the end of the launch waiting for their trailer. Some people just don't get it. I usually try to keep my distance from fishermen since I know they don't like the waves, plus I don't want to get their line in my prop.

My fishing boat is a 17' deep V aluminum. I also have a 23 LSV Wake Setter. Does not take to much to rock the fishing boat. The LSV takes a bigger boat close to rock me me around.

It always seams like I have the best spot on the water and everyone wants to be next to me.

martinarcher

So is the boat banned or just the kids. If the boat is banned I would feel really bad for the older guy with the boat as he didn't do anything wrong and now can't ski on that lake. Cry.gif

So is the boat banned or just the kids. If the boat is banned I would feel really bad for the older guy with the boat as he didn't do anything wrong and now can't ski on that lake. Cry.gif

Maybe next time he'll think twice before loaning his boat out.

We've spent quite a bit of time on the water with some slalom ski 'jokers' we've found a well placed throw cushion just as they start the glide will really disrupt their spray attempt.