Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WakeSurfing Grows

Stanley Wheelhouse

Last year Mrs. Wheelhouse and I took her brother J wakesurfing. At that time J and the family were not boaters. Nor did they wakesurf. J is a big guy and I had to convince him to buy a Red Woody so he could learn. A year later J and his family have a 247. All five are surfers! J is killing it on smaller boards. The youngest Kate who is 7 is killing it with no rope. I love this stuff! This is what wake surfing is all about. :rockon:

Last year Mrs. Wheelhouse and I took her brother J wakesurfing. At that time J and the family were not boaters. Nor did they wakesurf. J is a big guy and I had to convince him to buy a Red Woody so he could learn. A year later J and his family have a 247. All five are surfers! J is killing it on smaller boards. The youngest Kate who is 7 is killing it with no rope. I love this stuff! This is what wake surfing is all about. :rockon:

:plus1::surfing:

Ya I took my neighbor out the other day.....my devious plan was to get him hooked on wakesurfing so it'll be easier for me to find a third in the future. :biggrin: I felt kinda like a drug dealer but I think it worked.

Ya I took my neighbor out the other day.....my devious plan was to get him hooked on wakesurfing so it'll be easier for me to find a third in the future. :biggrin: I felt kinda like a drug dealer but I think it worked.

:plus1:

:plus1:

Taught my daughter (17) and friend to drive this summer. Now my daughter wants to surf all the time, and she is rippin' it after less than 6 times out in the past month! The son of my friend finally got wake to wake this summer, now he would rather surf!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/keypetras/boat%208-22-10/boat8-22-10651.jpg

MalibuNation

Finally got my neighbor up on a wakeboard Sunday ... he's 54 like me ... same idea as far as getting a 3rd.

I'm setting up the Skier with Ballast this winter and can't wait to surf next year. It looks like a blast!

Any reccomendations for a beginner board? I'm 5'10" 170 and my wife is 5'8" 130 (dont tell her I posted that) but I want something that a broad range of people could ride. My local shop told me to go with one of these:

http://www.the-house.com/wkob46alt10zz-obrien-wakesurfers.html

They have one in stock right now for 20% off...

:rockon:

I'm setting up the Skier with Ballast this winter and can't wait to surf next year. It looks like a blast!

Any reccomendations for a beginner board? I'm 5'10" 170 and my wife is 5'8" 130 (dont tell her I posted that) but I want something that a broad range of people could ride. My local shop told me to go with one of these:

http://www.the-house...akesurfers.html

They have one in stock right now for 20% off...

:rockon:

www.towanza.com

talk to the boyz up their and they will guide you to the light!