Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I need help about the Scarpa barefoot plate

rushman

Hi everybody,

Any help from fellow footers with a Sportster would be great. Barefoot Oz has helped me out a ton with this topic a few months back but now I am told by my dealer that it will not work. His was a 97 Response (pre diamond hull) so I thought is should be the same as mine.?. My problem/question is this....

I have a 2003 Sportster LX that I use primarily for barefooting (my passion). I wanted to put on the Scarpa Suppression Plate because I was told that it makes my boat into a awesome barefoot wake (even more so, it's still great now). I have now worked out a deal with my dealer about trading something back to him for the SPP and now the price is certainly reasonable but he said it won't work and Malibu says it won't work. So I'm confused. I tend to believe the dealer and Malibu but I had a reliable source tell me it works. Plus the plate works on the pre diamond hulls. Is that not the same as mine?? The dealer says the SPP is 4 inches wider than the flat surface on my hull so it will drag. Makes sense that it may not work properly. Does anyone out there have a Sportster with a SPP??? Will it work? Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks

Kevin

rushman, do you think that you really need a plate with the wake of the sportster. I ski behind one often. When I do back wake slalom I have a hard time knowing where I am because the wake is so small and not defined

I think you will have a hard time finding someone with a SSP on a sporty. IIRC, when I was with RS a couple years ago, he mentioned something about the sporty being his choice for the barefoot package boat as a result of it not needing a plate.

• 9 years later...

I realize this is a really old thread, but Kevin did you ever put a ssp on your sportster? Im wondering weather to do the same thing.

And what prop where you running and how much hp?

cheers