Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fueling boat at your dock

I use a 25-gallon gas caddy (John Dow). When full, it's about the most that

I'd want to handle by myself. Mine relies on gravity to flow. Takes a good

while, so I usually do it in the mornings, after a set or two, while its still

cool and calm.

I roll up one of those oil-absorption cloths (from West Marine) and keep it

stuck in the hole in the middle of the caddy. That way, its always close by.

I can usually empty the entire contents without spilling a drop.

I use a 25-gallon tote that I hook up to a trailer hitch on the back of my ATV to get it down to my dock. It works great.

I've been thinking about the best way to refuel at our dock as well. I like this idea, I may have to try it.

Depending if you keep your boat on a lift and which side your fillup is on, you can do the PVC to clear tubing attachment. Get some 6" PVC pipe about 18" long and 1" plastic tubing like you'd use for a ballast pump. Take them to the hardware store and get the appropriate reducers to mate them together. Hang this on the side of your boat lift. When it's time to fill the boat, just pour your tank into the PVC pipe (and put the hose in your fuel fillup :crazy:). It's a lot easier than bending over and dealing with obstructions from your lift, dock, etc. Buy caps for the PVC pipe and the tubing to keep them clean when not in use.

I've been thinking about the best way to refuel at our dock as well. I like this idea, I may have to try it.

If I can remember the next time I'm at our cottage, I will shoot a couple of photos of my set-up and post them.

I use a 14 gallon fuel caddy. just bought a second one on eBay last week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390214403499&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

on tank usually brings the boat back up to full after a morning of skiing. bought a second on to use for our pontoon boat. works great. its not all that heavy to lift back into the truck when filling up at the station.

I use a 14 gallon fuel caddy. just bought a second one on eBay last week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

on tank usually brings the boat back up to full after a morning of skiing. bought a second on to use for our pontoon boat. works great. its not all that heavy to lift back into the truck when filling up at the station.

:plus1: I tank them with me, fill them up before getting to storage and fill the tank while we are getting ready. Works great, save some money and don't risk getting bad gas!!

I use two 11 Gallon fuel caddies. I have a golf cart with a bed and I transfer the tanks to the golf cart and carry to the dock. The roll out to the boat. Be careful with getting too big a tank. Each of my caddies weigh 88 lbs. when full. So be careful lifting. No big deal if you can roll the entire way but I have to lift to put in SUV and lift out of golf cart to the dock. The 14 gallon fuel caddie would weigh 112 lbs full. That could be a back breaker.

:plus1: I tank them with me, fill them up before getting to storage and fill the tank while we are getting ready. Works great, save some money and don't risk getting bad gas!!

+1 I have the same thing for my offroad vehicles but I got mine at pepboys and saw them costco also.

It is the same exact thing but at costo they were $99. For some reason I thought mine was 22 gallons but maybe not.