Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many hours will a 340 monsoon last??

I've heard the number 2,000 hours mentioned, but never made it that far myself. Just make sure you actually flush it after each use, and a good hose down of the engine compartment wouldn't hurt either. I have a friend with antoher brand who runs in salt and doesn't flush or do anything, the boat is only 3 years old and there's definitely some rust on hardware in the engine compartment.

In my experience those engines will last at least 4.000 hours if they are well cared.

I have a friend with a Air nautique 2000 with 1900 hours in the PCM engine. Runs great.

I rode behind a 1997 mastercraft with 3500 hours on the engine. The only issue is that the engine was eating some oil. That engine was original with no issues.

I put 600 hours per year in my wakesetter so i need to change the boat once a year.

Im dealer for argentina.

How many hours will and indmar 340 moosoon last for roughly before overhaul is needed if it is well maintained and flashed after each saltwater use.

thks for any help

You'd get a lot of life out of the motor if you had a closed cooling system if you're gonna run in salt water.

Most importantly, make sure your cooling system temperature never, ever exceeds 170*. Your exhaust manifold will last 5-10 years if you flush after each use, and your motor can outlast you. I live on salt water, boating since 1963, and have never seen a well maintained engine fail do to an issue of salt water. A little seasoning (salt) won't hurt your engine. My 1970 Winner is a salt water boat and its still going strong. Her first outboard motor went 2200 hours and the second is at 1000, with a lot of life left.

How many hours will and indmar 340 moosoon last for roughly before overhaul is needed if it is well maintained and flashed after each saltwater use.

thks for any help

While flashing your motor will give everyone in the boat a good laugh flushing the motor will provide better results.