Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New vinyl on 2002 23LSV

I have decided to replace all the vinyl except the dash on this boat I just got. One quote I got was $5600, does this sound about right?

Thanks

Scott

I have decided to replace all the vinyl except the dash on this boat I just got. One quote I got was $5600, does this sound about right?

Thanks

Scott

Might be a bit high. Was that through malibu or a 3rd party making and installing the skins? I think you could work a good deal with malibu if you ordered skins for the whole boat and had a 3rd party do the install.

This was through a local upholstry shop. He does real nice work. I never thought Malibu would sell skins for a nine year old boat. Do I just call Malibu?

THanks

Scott

Might be a bit high. Was that through malibu or a 3rd party making and installing the skins? I think you could work a good deal with malibu if you ordered skins for the whole boat and had a 3rd party do the install.

That's what I'd look into doing also. I'd think it will be less labor intensive to buy the skins from Malibu and just have your local guy put them on. If you have your local guy do a custom job, he may have to measure, cut, and upholster each cushion, probably why that price is as high as it is. That being said, I can't tell you what it should cost as I don't know anyone who's done the whole boat. My friend did the sundeck on his MC for a fraction of that cost though, bought his skin from MC.

This was through a local upholstry shop. He does real nice work. I never thought Malibu would sell skins for a nine year old boat. Do I just call Malibu? THanksScott

Try your local dealer first, if that doesn't work check with Malibu customer service. Might not hurt to try pricing from more than one dealer. My buddy's Xstar was a 2000 and he got his skin from Mastercraft.

i had a local upholstery shop redo all the top upholstery on my bu. we compared all the vinyl and chose a very good quality vinyl.(04 VLX) of course the new vinyl was very much whiter than the old one, but he cleaned the old vinyl with some cleaner and can't hardly tell the old from the new.

coast $1000.00 for labor and materials... only took 3 days after the materials came in.

Contact Chee at the Ca. plant (someone here will have his # for you) or Chris Phillips at the Tn plant 865-388-2742. He is the upholstery manager there. They both have the patterns and vinyl.

Got a deal worked out with Chee. Malibu and Chee are great. This is going to make the boat look like new.

Thanks for all the input.

Scott