Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mirror Options

hvl2010

Ok, so I really hate the "clipon" mirror that goes over the windshield frame. Not only has it scratched up the frame, but it seems to be right in the way more times that not when docking, or slow speed manuevering. What are the other options with an illusion tower? Seems like Samson made a tower mount CIPA? Can you get that out of the way easily?

Love my Sampson mirror. Works great, it is positioned perfectly so it isn't blocking the view. Fits under the bimini. I have folded my tower down with it and it swings out of the way. Mine actually went through teh walkway.

Love my Sampson mirror. Works great, it is positioned perfectly so it isn't blocking the view. Fits under the bimini. I have folded my tower down with it and it swings out of the way. Mine actually went through teh walkway.

I second that. Bought a Samson this Spring and have been using it this summer. I love it. Much better than the windshield mounted one. It significantly increases visibility, too. I can see almost 100% of a rider's path now.

I third that. I bought my Samson through the Group Buy and love it.

Do most of the groupbuys happen in the winter? I've only been here 4 months and there hasn't been many good group buys?

Do most of the groupbuys happen in the winter? I've only been here 4 months and there hasn't been many good group buys?

I'm probably not the best person to ask since I've been onboard not even a year yet. Not sure what the trends have been. I just got lucky with the timing, I guess.