Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Wake Pig

liljohn

So if you fill it up with that many peeps it doesnt help any verse gas comsuption? And no extra bags over and above the custom?

HUH?

No other bags above the custom, that's it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• BaBaLoO

• kent

• 85 Barefoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you cover up the rear vents when putting that much weight in? Does it matter if some water gets in?

Nope I don't cover them, there is some water that gets in the bilge once in a while especially if it's rough out. Never really been a problem though.

I just didn't know "wake pig" meant what it apparently does. :biggrin:

How about this one :biteme:. You should probably quit while you're ahead.

Edited by 06vlx

I just didn't know "wake pig" meant what it apparently does. :biggrin:

I'll tell you exactly what wake pig means..........it means monsterously huge and super clean wake.

I'll tell you exactly what wake pig means..........it means monsterously huge and super clean wake.

Yup it's a pig because the more weight you feed it the tastier the wave gets :biggrin: .

I just purchased 2 540 bags and a 750, you think that will be enough to make a decent wave with the factory ballast and wedge? was thinking one in the front the 750 on the bench and the other 540 in the rear locker. Im thinking it should be good with 4 ppl in the boat

I just purchased 2 540 bags and a 750, you think that will be enough to make a decent wave with the factory ballast and wedge? was thinking one in the front the 750 on the bench and the other 540 in the rear locker. Im thinking it should be good with 4 ppl in the boat

The 750 should go in the rear locker, then the 540 on the surf side seats. The second 540 can go in the bow on the surf side. If you want the wave taller, put the second 540 on the seat right in front of the glove box and the other 540 further back towards the rear locker. That should be plenty of weight to get you a good wave. If you have the factory bow ballast you may not need anything additional up there, just throw 1 person up there. May not even need the second 540 at all if you have 4 people.

EDIT: By in font of the glove box, I mean to the rear of the glove box, on the observer's seat.

Edited by jtrovato

The 750 should go in the rear locker, then the 540 on the surf side seats. The second 540 can go in the bow on the surf side. If you want the wave taller, put the second 540 on the seat right in front of the glove box and the other 540 further back towards the rear locker. That should be plenty of weight to get you a good wave. If you have the factory bow ballast you may not need anything additional up there, just throw 1 person up there. May not even need the second 540 at all if you have 4 people.

EDIT: By in font of the glove box, I mean to the rear of the glove box, on the observer's seat.

cool, ya I have front ballast. I have had 8-9 ppl n the same side with factory ballast and it was no where near what these pictures are showing. Ill tinker around with it and see how she goes.

Thanks

ps. Will that 750 fit in the rear locker?? Would it fill all the way up?

Edited by BaBaLoO

cool, ya I have front ballast. I have had 8-9 ppl n the same side with factory ballast and it was no where near what these pictures are showing. Ill tinker around with it and see how she goes.

Thanks

Yes and yes.

Thanks

can you trade in the 750 for an 1100, it makes a difference.

Thanks

When you fill the factory ballast, you're not filling the rear tank on the non-surf side right? Just making sure you know to leave that one empty.

I would too, I figure the rear locker portion of my custom sac is 1100.

Does anyone know if the rear compartments on the VTX, VLX, LSV's are the same size. I figured they would be since the engines are all roughly the same size.

Does anyone know if the rear compartments on the VTX, VLX, LSV's are the same size. I figured they would be since the engines are all roughly the same size.

Don't know for sure never measured them but they seem to be the same across the board on the old vlx/vtx/lsv hulls. I know a 750 sac fits back there.

When you fill the factory ballast, you're not filling the rear tank on the non-surf side right? Just making sure you know to leave that one empty.

Ya ya just the surf side is filled

HUH?

No other bags above the custom, that's it.

[/quote

ok, I was just curious cuz ive been running about 2800-3200lbs with 4 to 6 peeps. Think thats overkill? I dont have alot of time to try new setups is why I am asking. Edit: my custom sac from bakes that I ordered last apr finally just got left at my door! PUMPED !