Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Wake Pig

liljohn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• BaBaLoO

• kent

• 85 Barefoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

insane. i should just drop my boat off with you and let you work your magic :lol:

You know the address. Please don`t forget the credit card for gas and oh it will take a year or so to dial it in so 2012 you can pick her back up dialed in, plumbed in, and ready to go..

You know the address. Please don`t forget the credit card for gas and oh it will take a year or so to dial it in so 2012 you can pick her back up dialed in, plumbed in, and ready to go..

Let me noodle on that one :crazy:

martinarcher

That last shot from the board needs sent to Malibu. That is a really cool shot looking down the curl at the back of the boat or the tip of the board. Rockon.gif Looks awesome man! That wave is killer.

Wow, very nice! I need to get the camera out of the underwater housing and post our pics from last weekend.

It would be nice if we had a way to subjectively compare wakes. However, you are way, way, waaaaay back there. Beautiful wake!

These are also nice. Shot with the GoPro HD stuck to the board.

GOPR0315.jpg

GOPR0314.jpg

GOPR0300.jpg

If you are looking at this notice the rub rail. the rub rail is just above the water line while the boat is at surfing speed. if you dont see this on your bu you need to add some more weight. nice job and nice wave. thats a true show of what our bus can do. i was talking to mark cher with inland surfer and we were discussing the fact that malibu actually has more azz end in the water than the enzo.

Wow! :thumbup: How far back is he?

The pictures at the top are liljohn and he's about 20+' back. The pics with the GoPro HD are me surfing and I'm about 15' back at the time.

Edited by 06vlx

Wife just pointed out that this isn't Sammamish. Did you guys trek over to Chelan?

We are just east of Chelan in those pics on the Columbia River between the dam at Wenatchee and Pateros.

setup?! setup!? setup!!!!

I've got the custom 23/247 LSV sac from Bakesonline.com. Full MLS ballast except non-surf side. Wedge 2-3 clicks up from all the way down. Speed 12 mph.

Most of the time in those pics I only had the custom sac filled about 3/4 due to how many people were in the boat. Like Rhino said in an earlier post I determine how much weight I need by where the rub rail is when at surf speed. If the rub rail isn't touching the water or just above I need more weight. With the surf sac 100% and just a couple people in the boat it's the same.

The weight rating of the bag is very conservative, those are the squared off dementions. As you know with Fly High sacs you get lots and lots of bulge, especially when you're dealing with this sac.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1813

Edited by 06vlx

I've got the custom 23/247 LSV sac from Bakesonline.com. Full MLS ballast except non-surf side. Wedge 2-3 clicks up from all the way down. Speed 12 mph.

Most of the time in those pics I only had the custom sac filled about 3/4 due to how many people were in the boat. Like Rhino said in an earlier post I determine how much weight I need by where the rub rail is when at surf speed. If the rub rail isn't touching the water or just above I need more weight. With the surf sac 100% and just a couple people in the boat it's the same.

The weight rating of the bag is very conservative, those are the squared off dementions. As you know with Fly High sacs you get lots and lots of bulge, especially when you're dealing with this sac.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1813

So if you fill it up with that many peeps it doesnt help any verse gas comsuption? And no extra bags over and above the custom?