Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Night surfing pics and vids

Bobby Light

Here are a couple vids of us night surfing this last weekend, really the first time I've had the opportunity to use the tower lights for anything in total and complete darkness. The Bakesonline.com 30 watt HID lights stole the show. Turned pitch black night into day.

GOPR0166.jpg

GOPR0173.jpg

Edited by 06vlx

What is normal speed limit in dark (with navigator light)?

No idea, there was nothing legal about what we were doing. However we took many precautions and everyone had a job to do to ensure the safety of the rider, passengers, and the boat.

Edited by 06vlx

No idea, there was nothing legal about what we were doing. However we took many precautions and everyone had a job to do to ensure the safety of the rider, passengers, and the boat.

Yes, I think it is COOL to wakesurf during night!! I hope we can wakesurf during night legally. If so, I will consider getting HID lights!! :yahoo:

looks like you had a great time. it is a lot of fun at night, flat water and no boats, especially on hot and humid nights.

check out getting one of these vests, it has an led strip down the front and back that can be turned to either on or flashing. I ran some tape around the area where the battery (watch type) and switch are to ensure no water would get in there. we also use a glow stick for backup. You can get them on amazon for $16.00

http://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-LED-Sport-Vest/dp/B0016KHTNE

Sport_Vest_product_large.jpg?1281460198

Only had a chance to use my lights at our week at dale hollow. But totally worth the $. The night surf was def my favorite part of the whole trip !!

This would be awesome!! At our lake, it seems the patrol is only out at night :( Do you have any lights facing forward? We also have a lot of fisherman that LOVE to fish without lights....

This would be awesome!! At our lake, it seems the patrol is only out at night :( Do you have any lights facing forward? We also have a lot of fisherman that LOVE to fish without lights....

Yes I have forward lights too, check the other video up there.

Sweet 06..gotta get me some!! Are the 30w the brighter of the two Bakes has? I know the tower is wired so it should be an easy instal? Anything tricky, who about the Mux switch and fuses etc?

Sweet 06..gotta get me some!! Are the 30w the brighter of the two Bakes has? I know the tower is wired so it should be an easy instal? Anything tricky, who about the Mux switch and fuses etc?

Yes the 30 watt lights are way brighter than the smaller ones. Install is very easy.

Do you know if the crew discount applies to the lights as they are already discounted 0.01 dollars? I see the tower will be quite easy looking at the PDF on Bakes sites but what about the hook up to the Mux switch. Is it a simple wire connection or do grounds and fuses need to be run etc?

Do you know if the crew discount applies to the lights as they are already discounted 0.01 dollars? I see the tower will be quite easy looking at the PDF on Bakes sites but what about the hook up to the Mux switch. Is it a simple wire connection or do grounds and fuses need to be run etc?

Good question on the discount :lol: , I'd call up Paul to find out. The Mux switch hookup is a simple 12v- switched wire hooked up to the medallion box. Those wires will be in the wire bundle in the PDF from bakes. That wire will go to the 12v- of the lights. The 12v+ is a constant power source. If only installing 1 pair of lights you don't need a relay as they are fused (10amp?) on the medallion box. Not near as hard as it may sound.

Edited by 06vlx