Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Using Up Oil

Wakesetter67

I have only had my Bu going on the second season, it's an o4 wakesetter with a 340 monsoon, I just happend to check the oil two weeks ago, and it was about a qt low. I did not think much about it until i checked it again today after a long weekend, It was down another qt,The engine has 490 Hr's on it. The funny thing is I see no evidence of a leak or smoke and no black junk on the back. any ideas?? It runs great.

Defiantly not normal. if it's not leaking it has to be burning.

I check the oil before my boat leaves the drive way and have only added oil while doing an oil change at the end of every Summer.

about 280-290hrs on my 04 monsoon

Defiantly not normal. if it's not leaking it has to be burning.

I check the oil before my boat leaves the drive way and have only added oil while doing an oil change at the end of every Summer.

about 280-290hrs on my 04 monsoon

Ya My old Sanger had 850 Hr on it never Low at the end of the year...This could really suck....She runs great though, easy to start and runs out awesome, Wonder what damage that could cause if any...