Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 247

mattm

My 2 cents worth on the new "stepped" transom design. I will lose much used sunpad space, storage locker space and engine access space to make access to the swim platform easier. I didn't realize swim platform access was an issue. How about giving me a redesign I can really use like a head and a dedicated anchor locker.

i absolutely detest all of that walkthrough/step/whatever bs they everyone is putting on the back of the boat. one of the reasons i have stayed so loyal to malibu, is that they seemed to not buy into all of that movable seating/stepladder transom/etc. they just followed the ethos of KISS, and it has worked wonderfully. this really bums me out.

I like it, the couch part will be great for wakesurfing.

It will be if you dont have to put a ballast bag on top because you can't fit into the locker... That 247 is going to need alot of weight to get a nice wave out of it so locker space is very important in my opinion...

Darn, has anyone confirmed how much space exactly is lost? I've got a 2010 VLX, but am already looking to upgrade to the 247 for a better wakesurfing set up, would be a shame if there wasnt enough space to add additional ballast... would i be better off with a 23LSV for 2011? any input would be great!!

high above the alps i am told the rear bench has no effect on the amount of space available for sacs. IE the size of the compartment has not changed from 2010 to 2011.

What they did is use the lip that is already there and added a pad to that area and shortened the large doors. Now that it has been explained I do not see an issue with it. I will go ahead with my 2012.

hopefully they kept service in mind when they built that boat

That's never the case buddy.

The guys that design this stuff don't work on 'em.

I wasnt too sure what you were talking about unitl I saw a picture. Im with mattm and madchild on this one. Pretty poor design and all the chicks love the sunpad. On the 1 picture I have seen, waste of a cup holder as well. Only reason I can see the designers made this is for the wake surfing. Need dead wait to make a wake. I dont like it!!

2011 247, Found a picture: http://www.wakeworld.com/news/feature/2011-malibu-pics.html