Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MALIBU WEBSITE

sgt1970-442

anybody tried the malibu boats website?

seems its not working at all.

hope this doesn't mean that things are not looking good for malibu as a company.

seem to recall someone saying malibu was bought out and now run by big business.

Looks broken to me. Index, or home page, is there, but second layer, including BOATS!!, is down....

This is what i get when I click on any of the company's secondary links:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

:unsure:

How many years ago??

bill,

all i know is the website is up but you can't view anything other than the home page.

as far as malibu and the take over, well all i can say is my dealer is really sucking

these days.

i've tried to call paul singer at the california plant and get, well maybe best if i

don't use those words.

all i want is to speak with someone at malibu so i can get some advise on my boat.

Your boats 12 years old. Id doubt anyone from the factory would have too much interest in that. What's the problems? Maybe the crew can help!?

anybody tried the malibu boats website?

seems its not working at all.

hope this doesn't mean that things are not looking good for malibu as a company.

seem to recall someone saying malibu was bought out and now run by big business.

Not sure how you equate their website being down to them hurting as a company. :unsure:

What kind of answers about your boat are you looking for?

The bit about "malibu was bought out and now run by big business" is a move made several years ago. Old news that shouldn't be twisted into anything IMO. Yea, the company is goin thru tough times. Hope they can keep it together till things start to come back.

well,

the only reason i was wanting to talk to someone at malibu was what is the best way to remove the ski pylon.

i posted this in the tech and trouble shooting and got a few replies. i also talked with vince at dicount inboard marine

and he was the one who suggested getting in touch with malibu. he said they had a couple different ways they installed them.

i've been on this site for a long time and just because i don't have a lot of posts doesn't mean i haven't fallowed along. this is my third inboard i've owned since 1981 and i have contributed some good tech and trouble shooting and now that i would like some help

i'm told my 12 year old boat doesn't mean much. thanks chadwick02.

just thought it might be best to ask the people that built them how it was installed and how if there are any special things needed to make it fit tight again after removal. when i went to the malibu's website to get a contact number, there isn't any info anymore. anyway i've removed the bolt that goes through the fiberglass tube and the pylon. still can't get it to budge. was the pylon set in the fiberglass when it was laid? just need someone who really knows.

sorry for the rant to the rest that are reading this,

thanks steve

Edited by sgt1970-442

IIRC that thread was replied to by myself (worked at Malibu dealer for 5 years) and Peter (current dealer), Peter told you the fiberglass was laid up around that pylon, its tapered and difficult to remove. I've only removed a few and that was to put in new carpeting IIRC.

I was not joking when I said we used cranes and forklifts to help get those things out of the floor, they are designed to pull an amazing amount of weight and therefore are integrated very well into the boat.