Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Went In. . .

VinRLX

First motorboat on my lake was. . .

. . .a Nautique! Though not waxed and lacking fresh oil, I hear my neighbors boat coming down the lake as I turn on the water hose to start my RLX in the driveway. Ranting.gifGuns.gifBash.gif

For spite, I launched fifteen minutes later, did a shake-down cruise while looking for debris, then went skiing. He was the first boat, I was the first skier--I can live with that. Tongue.gif

Oh, ambient 55º, water 50º. Not even a challenge.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• Wkerat

• WakeGirl

• UWSkier

Does a bear sh... Oops.gif ... I mean, poop in the woods?

It has been just awesome weather around here. Hasn't rained all April, so the grass isn't growing, which means I don't have to mow every three days like most years. Yahoo.gif Supposed to be 70 both days this weekend.

First motorboat on my lake was. . .

. . .a Nautique! Though not waxed and lacking fresh oil, I hear my neighbors boat coming down the lake as I turn on the water hose to start my RLX in the driveway.  Ranting.gif  Guns.gif  Bash.gif

For spite, I launched fifteen minutes later, did a shake-down cruise while looking for debris, then went skiing. He was the first boat, I was the first skier--I can live with that.  Tongue.gif

Oh, ambient 55º, water 50º. Not even a challenge.

Wow, well into the 100 degree rule. Glad to hear you got out.

I have been out 10 times and I live 40 mi NW of Chicago. First ski day was 3/6/05

St. Louis doesn't have much over here, except they get open water sooner.

We were lucky enough to get out the first weekend in March but no luck since then. Weather's supposed to be bad this weekend but maybe next weekend!

Just think Jack, my SLXi will be out for trip #13 for the year this weekend.  It sure is great to live in St. Louis! Surprised.gifTongue.gifYahoo.gifShocking.gif  Crazy.gif

I have been out 10 times and I live 40 mi NW of Chicago.  First ski day was 3/6/05

You guys are killin me here! Tease2.gif Oh, and Edwin, my boat will be on the water for trip #2 today, #3 tomorrow, #4 Monday, etc., etc. How long do you figure before I catch you? ;)

I am thinking I should catch up by the end of the month since my dock went in today and the boat is coming over this afternoon.

We were lucky enough to get out the first weekend in March but no luck since then. Weather's supposed to be bad this weekend but maybe next weekend!

Same here. We got out the first week in March and then not since. It's not very nice out right now either with lots of rain. The forecast is calling for drying and warming for later in the week, so yeah, maybe next weekend. In the meantime, I'm finishing up the swim deck refinishing and the gel coat buffing.

I have been out 10 times and I live 40 mi NW of Chicago. First ski day was 3/6/05

We had open water all winter Martha :lol:

Just think Jack, my SLXi will be out for trip #13 for the year this weekend. It sure is great to live in St. Louis! Surprised.gifTongue.gifYahoo.gifShocking.gifCrazy.gif

You guys are killin me here! Tease2.gif Oh, and Edwin, my boat will be on the water for trip #2 today, #3 tomorrow, #4 Monday, etc., etc. How long do you figure before I catch you? ;)

I'm gonna manage to squeeze in a quick trip tomorrow am. Today would be perfect - sunny, 75 and no wind - but we have a b-day party for my 5 yr old daughter.

4 day weekend at Table Rock planned for next week, should put us over 30 hours for the year

You got me on the hours thing so far. I skied about an hour ago under beautiful conditions, but was shot before the end of the first mile.

Happybirthday.gif to the youngun. Enjoy her day!

Whole lotta jerks on this thread, that's all I can say.  ;  Like the others from the NW have commented, the weather here has not cooperated as of late.

All the reservoirs have no water, but my lake is right around normal level if not 8 inches or so high. Innocent.gif Unfortunately I have a feeling its going to be a very busy season on my smaller "private" lake. Cry.gif

Geez....the warm weather finally gets to Atlanta and I am working 12 hour days and then today (Saturday). :(

I have a project that is sssssoooooo big I may working this schedule all summer and I am a bit bummed.

What's worse? Looking out the window at rain and not being able to go the lake or sitting at work looking out the window at a very bright warm sunny day knowing that all you folk are tearing it up on the water?

It's killing me to hear about all you guys out on the water. I was at our lake today to open up the trailer and drop off a load of firewood. I stood on the boat launch and looked out over the vast expanse of ice. :( Looks like it'll be about another three weeks.

My family has a lake house on Mercer Lake in Florence, but it sucks and no one should ever go there. Whistling.gif;)

Fern Ditch... I mean Ridge is closed this summer too, because they are fixing the dam.

Do you ever go west to go riding? (Ie: Mercer and other "coastal" lakes)

I <3 Mt. Bachelor, what lake did you grow up on? Dieangle? (Triangle) Fall creek?