Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

metcraft illusion tower lights

macdaddy

Have a couple sets of metcraft tower lights I want to put on my illusion. My tower is already prewired. The lights came with a bunch of relays. Should I wire them to inline fuses and run them to the switches, them the battery? I did this on my last boat and never had any problem. Anybody have any thoughts. Thanks

Edited by macdaddy

Does your boat have breakers or fuses, mine is an 06' and came with breakers. Running through a relay is the proper way to hook them up but I've done as you've done in the past as long as you have the right size fuse inline.

Edited by 68Slalom

my 05 has a breaker box. The wiring for these lights with the relays is over my head!

It's simple, your just running the power and ground to the relay and the lights get grounded anywhere with your one power wire from the lights to the relay. If you have breakers don't worry about it, just make sure you have the right size breaker. I have 40 amp breakers running to each of my four lights.

basis relay diagram:

http://www.ado13.com/techs/relay.htm

Edited by 68Slalom

There is just a lot of wiring for these lights. Is it really worth it? I have heard you are suppose to use these relays in case of fire. I did not use relays on my 03 vlx. Just do not know what is the best option. Thanks for the diagram, my relays are a little more complicated. I will see what headway I can make with them. Maybe I should take it to the dealer...just do not want to spend the money.

Edited by macdaddy