Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Width on V25 VLX

sp0tts

Anyone know the width of the trailers from guide post to guide post on the V25 or 09 to current VLX? I'm looking at possibly upgrading, but need to make sure it will fit in my barn first. Thanks...

Well considering the boat is 100" or 8'4", I'm finding it a little hard to believe there's only a 2" difference between the width of the boat and the width of the guide pads on the trailer. I'm pretty sure my '08 model year has at least 3" on each side of the boat, so add 6" to a 98" beam, and you're at 104" guide pad to guide pad. An LSV by itself is 102", so I'm finding it really hard to believe that none of these trailers are more than 102". Just looking for an actual number here, if anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Anyone know the width of the trailers from guide post to guide post on the V25 or 09 to current VLX? I'm looking at possibly upgrading, but need to make sure it will fit in my barn first. Thanks...

I just went out and measured my 2009 VLX sitting on an Extreme trailer:

Fender to fender is 102"

Guide post to guide post is 110"

I have a 9' door that I back my boat through and I always had to remove the guide post until I made guide posts that would fold in against the boat. I asked my dealer how they could make a trailer that is 110" wide and they said that the guide posts don't count because they are removable. :dontknow:

Terry

Whats the width on it from each of the trailer fenders? I'm trying to work out how i'd get a '06 VLX into a 40ft container on its trailer HAHA.

I just measured up my '08 VLX for comparisons sake, the '06 and '08 are the same hull, 09 they went to the V25 hull. I have a boatmate trailer and guide to guide it's 106" (8' 10") wide.

Fender to fender my trailer is 100" (8'4"). All the wakeboats I've ever seen shipped have been shrink wrapped and put on flat beds.

The law for width restriction is 102" so no trailer will be more than that, almost all the guide posts will be over thise because as stated above they are designed to be removed for transportation. The 102" law goes for anything else on the road so cargo containers and transport trucks are all 102" as well meaning that none of our boats will fit inside them. Techinically by law the shipper should and usually will take off the guide posts when shipping it on a flat bed.

I just went out and measured my 2009 VLX sitting on an Extreme trailer:

Fender to fender is 102"

Guide post to guide post is 110"

I have a 9' door that I back my boat through and I always had to remove the guide post until I made guide posts that would fold in against the boat. I asked my dealer how they could make a trailer that is 110" wide and they said that the guide posts don't count because they are removable. :dontknow:

Terry

Thanks Terry, I really appreciate it. Hopefully the boatmate isn't any wider, but this is looking doable. I'm hoping I can adjust the fenders in an inch or so each as I'm only gonna have about 7" (3.5' on each side) to spare from the guides and I back it in after each and every use.

The law for width restriction is 102" so no trailer will be more than that, almost all the guide posts will be over thise because as stated above they are designed to be removed for transportation. The 102" law goes for anything else on the road so cargo containers and transport trucks are all 102" as well meaning that none of our boats will fit inside them. Techinically by law the shipper should and usually will take off the guide posts when shipping it on a flat bed.

So technically, by law we should all remove our guide polls to go to and from the lake too?

So technically, by law we should all remove our guide polls to go to and from the lake too?

That's the design intent. I highly doubt any authorities would care for our boats but thats why shipping companies will remove them because they are under closer watch with these restrictions especially when moving across borders.

Not sure what guide poles boatmate and other trailer companies use but the ones on my extreme (which aren't great) would be very easy to store in the truck and just put in place (without secureing) for launching and loading the boat. If I was in your scenario with my trailer I would leave them in the truck and just place them in the slots for launching/loading the boat, that way backing the boat in the garage would be easier.

Bummer. Internal container width is 7' 6".

:(

Kiwi

Last boat I shipped to guam was overwidth (100 inches) for a closed export container. We put it on a flat rack and paid the overheight charges. Depending on the shipping line, you may have that option.

Edited by Shine

That's the design intent. I highly doubt any authorities would care for our boats but thats why shipping companies will remove them because they are under closer watch with these restrictions especially when moving across borders.

Yeah, pretty sure that's the last thing they're going to check.

Not sure what guide poles boatmate and other trailer companies use but the ones on my extreme (which aren't great) would be very easy to store in the truck and just put in place (without secureing) for launching and loading the boat. If I was in your scenario with my trailer I would leave them in the truck and just place them in the slots for launching/loading the boat, that way backing the boat in the garage would be easier.

Never even thought of it, definitely a good idea, I'll keep it in mind if I have trouble. Always kinda thought the guide poles were protecting the boat a bit when I was backing in and from oncoming traffic :whistle:

I got tired of having to remove my guide posts every time I used the boat so I modified them to fold in easily.

Unfolded:

IMG_0727.jpg

Folded:

IMG_0726.jpg

Terry

I got tired of having to remove my guide posts every time I used the boat so I modified them to fold in easily.

Very nice, I took a look at my Boatmate on my '08 last night, not sure rigging something up will be quite as easy the way the guids come out of the trailer, but I think I have enough clearance anyhow.