Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat / Interior Vinyl

I am doing some projects and need to get some vinyl material that matches my interior.

Does anyone know of a source that can match Malibu colors, or do i have to go to the factory (dealer) for this?

I have looked at a few places on line, but it is tough to match the color on the computer screen to the boat interior.

Go to a hotrod meet.

Ask the guys with the nifty interiors where to get upholstery work done.

The hotrodders know the best and cheapest sources to get upholstery.

The upholstery shops will have left over bolts/rolls of vinyl in their attic in addition to the infinite amount of sample fabrics to choose from.

A bonus is that it will be a perfect match at a reduced cost from Malibu.

The upholstery guys the hotrodders use do show quality work.

We have a good hot rod upholstery guy in our area, but he was unable to match the perforated vinyl that malibu uses. He had tons of vinyl samples, just nothing like the perforated or M-grain stuff. I bought some vinyl from chee at the factory, had the local guy do the work. Came out great!

The biggest thing you have to match is color but also texture.

I'm sure Chee would hook you up with what you need for materials, and you know they will match perfectly.

-Chris

Chee works at the CA factory and does upholstery work on the side for people with older boats. Run a search and you will find his contact info.

-Chris