Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

93 Echelon restoration

amarfanhar

After wetsanding, buffing, waxing and polishing the exterior, refinishing the teak, changing out my broken Computron steering wheel, reskining the interior. I thought the upgrades were complete. :thumbup:

As my budget ran out, I found I had two dead cylinders leaking on the intake manifold :cry: . So I rebuilt the top end of the motor with a new high performance aluminum edelbrock intake manifold and a new high performance roller camshaft and moved it from 265hp to 360hp and 100lbs lighter :rockon: . Now I think she is done. I now have a new boat. She looks pretty and is fast and light with a new motor...pretty much. Here are some pictures of the process before and after. After all is said and done I am into this boat $16k. It's a fun toy. Thanks malibu crew for helping me out.

Before:

http://picasaweb.google.com/cowleygardner/93MalibuEchelon#

After:

http://picasaweb.google.com/cowleygardner/93EchelonRestorationAndUpgrade#

Awesome job. What a great looking boat. Thanks for posting. I was just talking with another crew member about engine mods to eek out more HP from the older 350s without rebuilding the bottom end. Sounds like you nailed it.

martinarcher

Looks awesome man! Rockon.gif I love seeing the classics being restored. The interior looks great and the gel looks nice and shiney. If it wasn't for the aluminum intake mani you could almost hide that upgrade. Biggrin.gif Looks cool.

You just can't beat a good looking teak deck.

How do you like the extra ponies? Rockon.gif

Edited by martinarcher

Love to see the older boats gettin some love. :thumbup:

I was debating starting a before and after thread, or just a classics thread, but hadn't gotten to it yet. I was thinking sticky, but that's just me. :whistle:

Here's mine before:

post-12034-128182718731_thumb.jpg

post-12034-128182787285_thumb.jpg

And after in the next post.

Edited by jk13

:plus1:

Sweet resto. I am diggin the updated Logos. Did you have htem made or buy them from Malibu.

If you are asking about mine, I had them made. I don't know about the graphics on amarfanhar's.

I couldn't justify the added expense for raised or 3d graphics at this time. Bakes does have them, and I went by the sizes available on their site. 6x30 on the back and 8x40 on the sides. I also got registration numbers that match and spent a little over $100 total. My budget for this particular project is as little as possible, for now.

To get back on track:

I do love the interior in amarfanhar's boat, especially the logo stitching and how well it fits with no wrinkles. I'd also love to have that extra power. :rockon: Not that it needs it for our usage, but I always want more power.