Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you use for cleaning/polishing...

Would love to see what others are using or what they recommend. I have had good luck with some of the Babe's products and love the Boat Bling line. Haven't found anything great for the metal parts, windshield or trailer wheels yet that I am thrilled about.

• Hull of Boat
  • Vinyl
  • Plastic Chrome Trim on Dash
  • Interior Metal (I assume Chrome?)
  • Tower (I have the G3)
  • Board Racks
  • Speaker Cans
  • Trailer
  • Trailer Wheels

martinarcher

One trick I use for cleaning bugs of my tower/board racks/trailer is a dryer sheet that has been wet with a little water. It works like a champ.

After the bugs are off Never Dull is awesome stuff for Polishing stainless/chrome. Rockon.gif

The hullo my boat see's two coats of Colinite's Insulator wax. One mid-season and one in the fall during winterization. It is the reason the boat still looks so good.

For the interior I have always used 303 Aerospace Protectant. I think it is more of a protectant than a cleaner but it doesn't do bad cleaning up the seats. I just bought a boat with white vinyl so I have some Exquisite vinyl cleaner on the way. Check out post #10 of this thread.

this topic comes up pretty regular - you might do a search

Now that's just not helpful. I did a search on things like tower rack polish and found no meaningful discussion. While that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I did not easily find anything.

Do you guys typically clean the seats after every use? I feel like using a cleaner on your seats too much may impact the life of the stitching. I usually try and wipe mine down with a damp cloth and maybe clean them once a month OR if something nasty gets on them.

I really got to get some of that 303...

Would love to see what others are using or what they recommend. I have had good luck with some of the Babe's products and love the Boat Bling line. Haven't found anything great for the metal parts, windshield or trailer wheels yet that I am thrilled about.

[*]Hull of Boat

[*]Vinyl

[*]Plastic Chrome Trim on Dash

[*]Interior Metal (I assume Chrome?)

[*]Tower (I have the G3)

[*]Board Racks

[*]Speaker Cans

[*]Trailer

[*]Trailer Wheels

I read somewhere about multisuface pledge and tried it last weekend. I does a great job eliminating water spots and preventing them. I doesn't appear to remove the wax and i would use wax 1st but it works wonders on dark gel coats like ours. I only did above the rubrail and was in a light rain sunday and the area i did had 0 water spots after it sundried!

• Hull of Boat - Race Glaze
  • Vinyl - clean with mild detergent, then 303 Protectant
  • Plastic Chrome Trim on Dash - clean with mild detergent, then 303 Protectant