Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

carpet stains

ricnvic

I would like to re visit this topic and see if anyone has got Malibu to take care of the stains on the carpet of the 05 VLX. that is the only thing on my list of warranty issues that they Bell Aqua says that they have not heard of that happening on the 05's.

One more beef that I am having with Bell Aqua is that they say that they keep all boats outside while waiting for repairs Mad.gif Maybe I'm being picky but if you bought a $60k car would you leave the windows down in the rain!! they could at least have a carport to keep the boats under. They did yes that they would make sure to drain all the water out every morning Crazy.gif I don't keep mine out side and I think it is Bulls#*t that they leave them out in the rain.... Oh well I had to get that off my chest, I feel better now Biggrin.gif

Do they put a cover on?

Our carpet became stained and matted quicker than any of our prior boats too. I'm surprised that more people have not had what I had, which was a pitted chrome dash panel.

Do they put a cover on?

Our carpet became stained and matted quicker than any of our prior boats too.  I'm surprised that more people have not had what I had, which was a pitted chrome dash panel.

If you leave the cover they will.

Ric,

Keep in mind they've had theft problems in the past w/ stereo equipment and I don't know what they've done to resolve it either.  Just use caution when leaving it there.

I can't imagine coming to pick up my boat after service just to find out someone striped it clean.

OP - My service manager knows about it. He brought it to my attention and said they didn't have a solution for it yet (that was 4 months ago).

Maybe they could toss a carpet insert your way?

Let us know what happens.

Ric,

Keep in mind they've had theft problems in the past w/ stereo equipment and I don't know what they've done to resolve it either.  Just use caution when leaving it there.

I can't imagine coming to pick up my boat after service just to find out someone striped it clean.

OP - My service manager knows about it. He brought it to my attention and said they didn't have a solution for it yet (that was 4 months ago).

I have a carpet saver in mine and I take it out anytime it gets wet, and the stain is under the carpet saver. The guy had bell aqua said that it was probably a stain from spilling coke on it Mad.gif I said I don't think so, then he said he never heard of it. When I bought it all they could talk about was how they put premium carpet and viynal in and those where the 2 first things to screw up. the carpet washard after the 2nd time I took it out.

And yes they said that they would cover the boat but only with the covers that we get from the factory and they are not water proof, and it will not do anything for the speakers on the tower. I keep mine boat inside and I would expect the same of a service company. what would it cost to have some carport type strructures up to keep they customers boats dry. he also said that they have so many customers that it is hard to not have them left in the weather. If they have that many customers then they are making money and they should invest in some carports and not book so many people at a time. I was going to take it there last summer for an oil change on a monday and I figured that it would be done by fri. so I could pick it up for the weekend but they said that it would probably have to stay over the weekend.

How far away is the next closest Malibu dealer?

The cover I got was a sunbrella cover and its waterproof, what kind did you get? Can't you remove your speakers and keep them with you?

Can you have it serviced/repaired for non warranty items at another local boat shop? My dealer had my boat ready the same day for my 20 hour.

You need to find a way to tell those guys to go pound sand!

Ric,

I have a carpet saver in mine and I take it out anytime it gets wet, and the stain is under the carpet saver. The guy had bell aqua said that it was probably a stain from spilling coke on it Mad.gif I said I don't think so, then he said he never heard of it. When I bought it all they could talk about was how they put premium carpet and viynal in and those where the 2 first things to screw up. the carpet washard after the 2nd time I took it out.

And yes they said that they would cover the boat but only with the covers that we get from the factory and they are not water proof, and it will not do anything for the speakers on the tower. I keep mine boat inside and I would expect the same of a service company. what would it cost to have some carport type strructures up to keep they customers boats dry. he also said that they have so many customers that it is hard to not have them left in the weather. If they have that many customers then they are making money and they should invest in some carports and not book so many people at a time. I was going to take it there last summer for an oil change on a monday and I figured that it would be done by fri. so I could pick it up for the weekend but they said that it would probably have to stay over the weekend.

A big issue is the covered area for the dealership hasn't shown any willingness to improve the issue AFAIK. They should cover my boat w/ a cover in which I provide. They've helped me out in the past w/ things but it did take talking w/ the service manager to get it done to my satisfaction.

How far away is the next closest Malibu dealer?

The cover I got was a sunbrella cover and its waterproof, what kind did you get? Can't you remove your speakers and keep them with you?

Can you have it serviced/repaired for non warranty items at another local boat shop? My dealer had my boat ready the same day for my 20 hour.

You need to find a way to tell those guys to go pound sand!

The other nearest Bu' dealer is in Redding about 2 hrs +/- away.

I have heard that the carpet staining issue was only with the tan (brown?) carpet and not with the gray. Is this true? I have the gray and have had no staining at all. Also, I have heard that there is a cleaning solution that the dealers have that is supposed to take out the stain.

We have had the carpet saver since day one but still have stains on the true carpet...and it is gray. I thought there were some threads previously where this was a very common issue. The stains can be cleaned, but I didn't hear of a way to prevent them in the first place. :(

My '05 has the stains in the spots that have been really soaked with water. I heard somewhere that the stains are coming from the glue under the carpet. This seems to be a issue with the '05 year model and I hope covered under warranty.

My '05 has the stains in the spots that have been really soaked with water.  I heard somewhere that the stains are coming from the glue under the carpet.  This seems to be a issue with the '05 year model and I hope covered under warranty.

I hope so too! did anyone else notice that the carpet in general even the parts that don't stains seems to have lost that plush feeling that it felt like when you first got the boat. No matter how much you baby it, it does not feel good on the feet, I got the carpet saver to keep the carpet soft and it didn't.

everyone that has a carpet issue shoulld write about it in this thread then wee could send the link to malibu and maybe get something done.

Have you contacted Mike Sanchez about this issue? If not I would bring it up w/ them.

My '05 has the stains in the spots that have been really soaked with water.  I heard somewhere that the stains are coming from the glue under the carpet.  This seems to be a issue with the '05 year model and I hope covered under warranty.

I hope so too! did anyone else notice that the carpet in general even the parts that don't stains seems to have lost that plush feeling that it felt like when you first got the boat. No matter how much you baby it, it does not feel good on the feet, I got the carpet saver to keep the carpet soft and it didn't.

everyone that has a carpet issue shoulld write about it in this thread then wee could send the link to malibu and maybe get something done.

Have you contacted Mike Sanchez about this issue?  If not I would bring it up w/ them. 

I sent him a little e-mail but have not heard back yet, but I was hoping to get a little input on this issue in this thread and then send him the link. he has always been helpful in the past.

I have an '04' RLXi and my buddy has an '04" RLX and they both have carpet stains ... gray carpet. Never had this problem on my older BU.

Have tried to wash it out but it just comes right back. Haven't said anything to the dealer yet but if it is a known problem, I will.

/Steve

I put about 50 hours on my demo.

Lots of wetness and dirt. But the carpet never got stained. It never stained because it was vacuumed after each use.

If your carpet gets wet, dry it quickly and there will be no problem

I know it's a PITA but it's the only way

Also I get those professional carpet cleaners to do some of my customers boats. They charge like $30-60 and it looks great afterward.

I do not use the guys that use steam, we have a few companies that do something different.

Never use any kind of carpet cleaner that says "OXY" on it. Those contain peroxide and will react with the Nylon Carpet turning it green

I've never heard of having to dry the carpet of a boat immediately. Also I keep our boat extremely clean and still have the stains.

If this is normal I wonder why they went with a totally different carpet for '06? Makes you want to go Hmmmmmm!

I've never heard of having to dry the carpet of a boat immediately.  Also I keep our boat extremely clean and still have the stains. 

If this is normal I wonder why they went with a totally different carpet for '06?  Makes you want to go Hmmmmmm!

Having had an 03 04 and 05, I can say the 05 carpet is not the best. Although I don't have that many stains, it's texture is just not as nice.

Maybe they outsourced to a chinese carpet company in 05 and then went back to U.S. in 06 :)

Our 05 sterling carpet had bad stains everywhere a carpet usually gets wet.

(Not that good for a BOAT) plus it lost it's plush and got very "crusty" after one season.

The 06 carpet is much much better.

This is a repeated problem that I see mentioned a lot about the '05 boats. I seriously doubt that the folks at Malibu don't know about this problem, but it is possible that many of the dealers don't. If you get stains on the carpet, your first inclination isn't to think that it's bad glue or whatever, it's more like, "Okay, which kid did this?" So I would bet that many of the dealers out there haven't been told by either Malibu or their customers that there's a problem. I would try to get this resolved at the dealer level, but many of you may need to contact the factories directly about this.

I have had the carpet in our boat soaked before (due to the "front end scoop") and it has not stained one bit. I don't dry it with a towel right away or anything. It is stored in the garage but I don't know if that would make a difference. I wonder why some carpets will stain and some do not.

how dirty is the water in your lake?

What might be present in the water that could be doing this?

Questions to thinkl about

I have positively nasty lakewater in our area, and again, if we don't vacuum dry the carpet, it will stain, if we do, it won't

My staining is not from dirty water.

Almost as bad as the staining, is the crusty hardness presumably from the glue used. No 'bu of ours has ever had this happen, but my dealer has not heard from 'bu either.