Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

heater fan trips breaker when on high

2008 Malibu V Ride: My heater fan when on low runs fine, but when I set it to blow on high it trips the breaker. Has anyone heard of this problem and do you know what causes it or how to fix it?

Thanks

Either you have a bad fan or the heater isn't hooking up to the proper breaker. Can't remember exactly but I think the heater should be on a 15 or 20 amp circuit. I'm sure the heatercraft website will have those specs.

-Chris

LOL

I just can't imagine running the heater in August

I can't either, but I've been using mine all summer it seems. Looks like we finally got some good weather here so I can turn it off for a while...

LOL

Hey I'm in Canada at 3900 feet above sea level. But your right, the weather could be better !!. LOL

LOL

The days have been a bit cold here in CA, low 70's with a wind chill doesn't always feel to good. But this weekend should be better.

Try replacing the breaker to start. They are usually only a few dollars and can be found at most auto parts stores.

perhaps swapping the breaker, with one of a like value, will tell you something and save a trip to the store.

perhaps swapping the breaker, with one of a like value, will tell you something and save a trip to the store.

yea you can always look and see if the same breaker is being used for something else on the boat and switch them to see if the problem is still there