Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TheMalibuCrew.com

WakingMeHappy

Geez, I remember him from the old rec.waterski newsgroup...... 15 yrs ago?! He knew it all then too. And who was his nemesis? Mark something? Seems like he had a Ski Supreme? They used to get into it a lot there.

I think he and Lance used to go at it on MBO too...Did anyone ever definitely determine the draft of these boats? :crazy::lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Ronnie

• Malibudude

• Bill_AirJunky

I miss batman Whistling.gif

Blessed are those who mourn,

for they will be comforted...

"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do,

for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting.

I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

Feel better now.?Biggrin.gif

Been away all week and I come back to a history lesson that brought back a lot of memoreis and laughs. It was a great community on MBO and then poof gone.... But the Pheniox arises and lives on as TMC.

Back off topic.....My vote is for Norris or Dale Hollow.Yahoo.gif

Just searched for locked threads :lol:

What I find interesting in looking back at the history of the two sites is all the people who used to post all the time and now they are just gone...or rarely post. They were addicted just like the rest of us and one day they are gone.

1. The Texas group. They started wakeoutlaws and rarely post here. They used to have some funny stories

2. Sacriverrat and wife (never post)

3. Norcalibu (rarely posts)

4. Hyperlitenerd (never posts)

5. G and wife (never post)

6. Carveitup (never posts)

7. VinRlx (never posts)

8. JohnDoe (rarely posts)

9. Andyb (never posts) I still remember his trip across the US

10. Greg s (never posts)

11. HeadHunter (never posts) Got married I think...?

12. NVboarder (never posts) Think he got a new job that takes up more time...?

13. WakeandSnow (never posts)

some of those guys pop up from time to time. Norcal hangs around for a few days until he goes into off topic and gets angry.. then we dont see him for a few months. :lol: Same can probably be said for johndoe.

Ive seen a few of the above pop up on the ski forums like TWSF and ballofspray.

One of the longest threads on MBO was the australian thread. There are now only one or two other aussies i see on here post regularly. not many made the transition to here either.

Count me in for a national WOW... in 2012.

Good memories. This is a rather unique group and experience here.

I miss hearing from some of the crew. It's like I'm missing a good friend, but on the other hand, I'm always getting to meet new ones.

Tracie and the mods have created a very unique community.

Just searched for locked threads :lol:

What I find interesting in looking back at the history of the two sites is all the people who used to post all the time and now they are just gone...or rarely post. They were addicted just like the rest of us and one day they are gone.

1. The Texas group. They started wakeoutlaws and rarely post here. They used to have some funny stories

2. Sacriverrat and wife (never post)

3. Norcalibu (rarely posts)

4. Hyperlitenerd (never posts)

5. G and wife (never post)

6. Carveitup (never posts)

7. VinRlx (never posts)

8. JohnDoe (rarely posts)

9. Andyb (never posts) I still remember his trip across the US

10. Greg s (never posts)

11. HeadHunter (never posts) Got married I think...?

12. NVboarder (never posts) Think he got a new job that takes up more time...?

13. WakeandSnow (never posts)

A lot of people have moved on for sure, I'll probably disappear in a few weeks...my bu is long gone and I start grad school Sept 1st which means no more time to kill here!

Okay, I'll tell the story. MBO was the very first forum that I joined, ever. So when it asked for a screen name, I literally had no ideas. My cat (at the time) was named Gus & he jumped up on my lap right at that point. I looked down at him & thought, "why not?". So, I was gusthecat for a time. I had no idea how much confusion it would cause when people found out that they were actually talking to a girl. :lol: It was actually kind of funny, really. Not to mention, I had no idea that it would go as far as it did.

A lot of people have moved on for sure, I'll probably disappear in a few weeks...my bu is long gone and I start grad school Sept 1st which means no more time to kill here!

I don't have time and it hasn't stopped me.